Lampit Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Lampit medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Lampit cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Lampit patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Lampit patient assistance?
We review each Lampit enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Lampit patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Lampit patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Lampit, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Lampit coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Lampit coupon, Lampit discount card, or Lampit copay card provider. We do not offer Lampit manufacturer coupons, Lampit discounts, rebates, Lampit savings cards, trial offers, or free Lampit samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Lampit cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Lampit
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Lampit prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Lampit cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Lampit costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Lampit oral tablets 30 mg will cost around $270 for 100 tablets.
How much does Lampit cost with insurance?
The copay for Lampit will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Lampit?
Lampit is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Bayer. Lampit is a nitrofuran antiprotozoal, with FDA approval to be used in pediatric patients (birth to less than 18 years of age and weighing at least 2.5 kg) for the treatment of Chagas disease (American Trypanosomiasis). Chagas disease is an infectious disease caused by the single-celled Trypanosoma cruzi (T. cruzi) parasite. The disease spreads to humans by the feces of blood-sucking carrier bugs called triatomines or kissing bugs.
What doses of Lampit are available?
Lampit is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 30 mg, 120 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Lampit active ingredients
The active ingredient of Lampit tablets is nifurtimox.
Lampit side effects
The most common side effects of Lampit in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain
In rare instances, Lampit can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Potential for genotoxicity and carcinogenicity
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – pregnancy testing is recommended for females of reproductive potential. Females of reproductive potential are also advised to use effective contraception. Males are advised to use condoms with female partners of reproductive potential
- Worsening neurological and psychiatric conditions – patients with a history of brain injury, seizures, psychiatric disease, and serious behavioral alterations may experience worsening of their conditions
- Hypersensitivity reactions including hypotension, angioedema, dyspnea, pruritus, rash, or other severe skin reactions
- Decreased appetite and weight loss- check body weight every 14 days as dosage may need to be adjusted
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lampit against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Lampit to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Lampit drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Lampit, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medicines including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Lampit if you:
- Have a known hypersensitivity to nifurtimox
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Lampit
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – use effective forms of birth control during treatment and for 6 months after your last dose of Lampit
Talk to your doctor before using Lampit if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Lampit
- Have a renal and or hepatic impairment
- Have a brain injury
- Suffer from seizures
- Have a mental illness or psychosis
- Have kidney disease or are on dialysis
- Have porphyria
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Lampit is the trademark brand name for nifurtimox manufactured by Bayer. A generic version of nifurtimox is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Lampit savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.