Is NiceRx a Leukeran coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Leukeran coupon, Leukeran discount card, or Leukeran copay card provider. We do not offer Leukeran manufacturer coupons, Leukeran discounts, rebates, Leukeran savings cards, trial offers, or free Leukeran samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Leukeran patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Leukeran cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Leukeran costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Leukeran oral tablets 2 mg will cost around $700 for 25 tablets.
How much does Leukeran cost with insurance?
The copay for Leukeran will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Leukeran?
Leukeran is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Excella GmbH & Co. Leukeran is used to treat different types of cancer, such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Hodgkin’s disease, and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, (a cancer of the lymphatic system).
What doses of Leukeran are available?
Leukeran is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 2 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Leukeran active ingredients
The active ingredient of Leukeran is chlorambucil. Leukeran is classed as an Antineoplastics, Alkylating agent.
It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Leukeran side effects
The most common side effects of Leukeran in clinical trials include:
- Bone marrow suppression – low red blood cell counts (anemia)
- Low white blood cells (neutropenia) – pyrexia, tiredness, sore throat, skin and mouth sores, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, pale skin, cold hands and feet, feeling light-headed or trouble breathing
- Decreased platelets
- Gastrointestinal disturbances – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and oral ulceration
In rare instances, Leukeran can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Infertility later in life
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- New or worsening cough
- Skin reactions – severe skin rash, skin pain, and blisters on the skin, eyes, mouth, and nose
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Liver problems – loss of appetite, stomach pain (upper right side), dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Leukeran against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Leukeran to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Leukeran drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Leukeran, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Leukeran if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient chlorambucil
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Leukeran
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Leukeran if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Leukeran
- Have gout
- Have bleeding problems
- Have hepatic impairment
- Are having any vaccinations
- Have a history of seizures, nephrotic syndrome, or a head injury
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Leukeran is the trademark brand name for chlorambucil manufactured by Excella GmbH & Co. A generic version of chlorambucil is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Leukeran savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.