Leukine Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Leukine medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Leukine cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Leukine prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Leukine patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Leukine patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Leukine enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Leukine patient assistance program?
Applying for the Leukine patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Leukine, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Leukine assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Leukine patient assistance program, we will also request your Leukine medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Leukine coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Leukine coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Leukine manufacturer coupons, Leukine discounts, rebates, Leukine savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Leukine medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Leukine if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Leukine patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Leukine
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Leukine prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Leukine cost without insurance?
Leukine prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Leukine injectable powder for injection 250 mcg will typically cost around $1,560 for 5 powders for injection.
How much does Leukine cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Leukine with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Leukine?
Leukine (sargramostim) is the first and only FDA-approved GM-CSF medication manufactured by Partner Therapeutics, Inc.
Leukine is a leukocyte (white blood cell (WBC)) growth factor indicated:
- To shorten the time to neutrophil recovery due to neutropenia and to reduce the incidence of severe and life-threatening infections and infections resulting in death following induction chemotherapy in adult patients 55 years and older with acute myeloid leukemia (acute myelogenous leukemia (AML))
- For the mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood for collection by leukapheresis and autologous transplantation in adult patients
- For the acceleration of myeloid reconstitution following autologous bone marrow or peripheral blood progenitor cell transplantation in adult and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older
- For the acceleration of myeloid reconstitution following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in adult and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older
- For the treatment of delayed neutrophil recovery or graft failure after autologous or allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in adult and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older
- To increase survival in adult and pediatric patients from birth to 17 years of age acutely exposed to myelosuppressive doses of radiation (Hematopoietic syndrome of acute radiation syndrome [H-ARS])
What doses of Leukine are available?
Leukine is available in:
- Injection (lyophilized powder) form, in the following doses: 250 mcg of sargramostim in a single-dose vial for reconstitution
- Injection (solution) form, in the following doses: 500 mcg per mL sargramostim in multiple-dose vials
Leukine is given as a subcutaneous injection under the skin or as an infusion into a vein. When injected into a vein, the infusion may take up to 24 hours to complete. Your dose is based on body surface area (height and weight) and may change if you gain or lose weight or if you are still growing.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Leukine active ingredients
Leukine contains sargramostim as the active ingredient.
Leukine side effects
The most common side effects of Leukine in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Fever, nausea
- Diarrhea, vomiting, gastrointestinal disorder, abdominal pain
- Mucous membrane disorder
- Rash, edema, stomatitis
- High glucose
- Low albumin
- Headache and hypertension
- Liver toxicity
- Skin reactions at the injection site
- Metabolic laboratory abnormalities, genitourinary abnormalities
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Weight loss, anorexia
- Bone pain
- Chest pain
In rare instances, Leukine can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Infusion-related reactions
- Supraventricular arrhythmias – increased risk in patients with a history of cardiac arrhythmias
- Capillary leak syndrome – stuffy or runny nose, tiredness, thirst, decreased urination, trouble breathing, and sudden swelling or weight gain
Your caregiver will assess the benefits of using Leukine against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Leukine to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Leukine drug interactions
Leukine can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that may potentiate Leukine’s myeloproliferative effects, such as lithium and corticosteroids
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Leukine.
You should not use Leukine if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient sargramostim
- Have a history of serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, to human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factors such as sargramostim, yeast-derived products, or any of the other ingredients in Leukine
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Leukine if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Leukine
- Have heart disease
- Have lung disease
- Have an allergy to benzyl alcohol
- Have preexisting fluid retention, pulmonary infiltrates, or congestive heart failure
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Leukine is the trademark brand name for sargramostim manufactured by Partner Therapeutics, Inc. A generic version of sargramostim is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Leukine savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.