Lysteda Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Lysteda medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Lysteda coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Lysteda coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Lysteda manufacturer coupons, Lysteda discounts, rebates, Lysteda savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Lysteda medication with NiceRx.
Lysteda patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Lysteda cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Lysteda cost without insurance?
Lysteda prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Lysteda oral tablets 650 mg will typically cost around $180 for 30 tablets.
How much does Lysteda cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Lysteda with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Lysteda?
Lysteda is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. It is an antifibrinolytic used for the treatment of cyclic heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia) in females of reproductive potential during their menstrual period. Tranexamic acid slows the breakdown of blood clots, helping to prevent prolonged bleeding.
What doses of Lysteda are available?
Lysteda is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 650 mg. Take 1,300 mg three times a day (3,900 mg/day) for a maximum of 5 days during monthly menstruation.
Please read the drug information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Lysteda active ingredients
Lysteda contains tranexamic acid as the active ingredient.
Lysteda side effects
The most common side effects of tranexamic acid in clinical trials include:
- Sinus and nasal symptoms
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- Musculoskeletal pain, joint pain, muscle pain, muscle cramps
In rare instances, Lysteda can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Thromboembolism – increased risk of thrombosis when taken with hormonal contraceptives, Factor IX complex concentrates, anti-inhibitor coagulant concentrates, or all-trans retinoic acid (oral tretinoin)
- Visual or ocular adverse reactions
- Severe allergic reaction – discontinue treatment and seek immediate medical attention
- Cerebral edema and cerebral infarction in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Ligneous conjunctivitis
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lysteda against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Lysteda to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Lysteda drug interactions
Lysteda can interact with other medications. These include:
- Hormonal forms of birth control such as birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, and vaginal rings – may increase your risk of stroke, blood clot, or heart attack
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Lysteda. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Lysteda if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tranexamic acid
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Lysteda
- Are taking combined hormonal contraceptives (hormonal birth control pills)
- Have an active thromboembolic disease or a history or intrinsic risk of thrombosis or thromboembolism, including retinal vein or artery occlusion
- Have any other eye problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Lysteda if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Lysteda
- Have renal impairment
- Have hepatic impairment
- Have leukemia
- Have a history of endometriosis
- Have menstrual cycles less than 21 days apart or longer than 35 days apart
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Tranexamic acid can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby
Lysteda is the trademark brand name for tranexamic acid manufactured by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. A generic version of tranexamic acid is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Lysteda savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.