Macrilen Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Macrilen medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Macrilen coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Macrilen coupon, Macrilen discount card, or Macrilen copay card provider. We do not offer Macrilen manufacturer coupons, Macrilen discounts, rebates, Macrilen savings cards, trial offers, or free Macrilen samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Macrilen patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Macrilen cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Macrilen cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Macrilen costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Macrilen oral granules for reconstitution of 60 mg will cost around $4,750 for 1 packet for reconstitution.
How much does Macrilen cost with insurance?
The copay for Macrilen will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Macrilen?
Macrilen (generic name, macimorelin) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Novo Nordisk. It is a growth hormone (GH) secretagogue receptor agonist used for the diagnosis of adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD). The safety and diagnostic test performance have not been established for subjects with BMI greater than 40kg/m2.
What doses of Macrilen are available?
Macrilen is available as an oral solution dosage form, in the following doses: 60 mg.
Please see the full prescribing information for further drug information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Macrilen active ingredients
The active ingredient of Macrilen is macimorelin acetate.
Macrilen side effects
The most common side effects of Macrilen in clinical trials include:
- Dizziness, headache
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Sinus bradycardia
In rare instances, Macrilen can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- QT Prolongation leading to the development of torsade de pointes-type ventricular tachycardia
- Potential for false positive test results with the use of strong CYP3A4 inducers
- Potential for false negative test results in recent onset hypothalamic disease
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Macrilen against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Macrilen to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Macrilen drug interactions
Macrilen can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that prolong the QT Interval – sufficient washout time is recommended
- Concomitant use of strong CYP3A4 inducers such as carbamazepine, rifampin, and St. John’s wort
- Drugs that directly affect the pituitary secretion of growth hormone
- Drugs that may transiently elevate growth hormone concentrations such as clonidine, levodopa, and insulin
- Drugs that may blunt the growth hormone response to Macrilen
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Macrilen.
You should not use Macrilen if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient macimorelin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Macrilen
Talk to your doctor before using Macrilen if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Macrilen
- Have a hormonal disorder
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have a hypothalamus disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk during lactation
Macrilen is the trademark brand name for macimorelin manufactured by Novo Nordisk. A generic version of macimorelin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Macrilen savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.