Makena Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Makena medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Makena cost savings if eligible
The Makena patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Makena, regardless of the retail price.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|250mg/ml - 1ml solution||$850.00||$49.00||$801.00|
|275mg/1.1ml - 1.1ml solution||$850.00||$49.00||$801.00|
Am I eligible for the Makena patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Makena assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Makena patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Makena patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Makena.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Makena assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Makena patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Makena.
Is NiceRx a Makena coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Makena patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Makena samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Makena coupons, discount cards, or Makena copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Makena if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Makena medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Makena with insurance?
The cost of Makena will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Makena with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much is Makena without insurance?
Makena prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Makena intramuscular solution (250 mg/mL) is around $848 for a supply of 1 milliliter(s).
What is Makena?
Makena (hydroxyprogesterone) is a manmade version of a female hormone called progesterone. Makena is prescribed to lower the chance of premature birth to women who have already had one premature baby. It is not to be used for women who are pregnant with more than one baby. How Makena works to reduce premature birth is not known.
The medication is given to you by your doctor or healthcare provider who will need to check your progress on a regular basis while you are using it. Makena is injected under the skin or into a muscle. The first injection is given during the second trimester of pregnancy. The usual dose is one injection per week until the 37th week or until your baby is born. Every woman should remain under the care of a doctor during pregnancy.
Makena active ingredients
The active ingredient in Makena is called hydroxyprogesterone. Hydroxyprogesterone attaches to plasma proteins including albumin and corticosteroid binding globulins.
Makena side effects
As with all medications, Makena can cause side effects. The most common side effects caused by Makena include:
- Pain, swelling, itching, rash, or a lump where the medicine was injected
- Nausea (feeling of sickness)
Makena can cause more serious side effects. These may include:
- Swelling, oozing, bleeding, or worsening pain where the injection was given
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Symptoms of depression, and mood changes
- Sleep problems
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Increase in blood pressure – headaches, blurred vision, anxiety, nosebleeds, pounding in neck or ears
- Blood clots – swelling or redness in arm or leg
- Vision and speech problems
- Sudden numbness or weakness
Makena drug interactions
Makena can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Makena and the other medications work. It can even make some side effects more likely. You should tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking. This includes vitamins, herbal and over the counter products, particularly:
- Any diabetes medications or other medications that affect your blood sugar levels
- Any anticoagulant medications taken to treat blood clotting including warfarin
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- A herbal supplement called St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Makena warning and precautions
Makena isn’t suitable for everyone. Do not take Makena if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient hydroxyprogesterone or castor oil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Makena
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding not related to your pregnancy
- Have severe or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have liver cancer or liver disease
- Have a history of cancer of the uterus/cervix, vagina, or breast
- Have jaundice caused by your pregnancy
- Have a history of blood clots, stroke, or circulation problems
- Are under 16 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Makena if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Makena
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Have eclampsia or preeclampsia of pregnancy
- Have high blood pressure, heart disease
- Have migraine headaches
- Have diabetes (in you or a family member)
- Have epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- Have asthma
- Suffer with depression
- Do not start a new medication during pregnancy without telling your doctor
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.