Your monthly Margenza cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Margenza patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Margenza patient assistance?
We review each Margenza enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Margenza patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Margenza patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Margenza, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Margenza coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Margenza coupon, Margenza discount card, or Margenza copay card provider. We do not offer Margenza manufacturer coupons, Margenza discounts, rebates, Margenza savings cards, trial offers, or free Margenza samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Margenza cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Margenza
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Margenza prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Margenza cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Margenza costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Margenza intravenous solution (25 mg/mL) will cost around $2,200 for 10 milliliters.
How much does Margenza cost with insurance?
The copay for Margenza will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Margenza?
Margenza is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved monoclonal antibody manufactured by MacroGenics, Inc. Approval was based on safety and efficacy results from the pivotal Phase 3 Sophia trial. The study showed a significant 24% reduction in the risk of disease progression or death with Margenza with chemotherapy (capecitabine, eribulin, gemcitabine, or vinorelbine) compared to trastuzumab with chemotherapy.
MARGENZA is a HER2/neu receptor antagonist indicated, in combination with chemotherapy, for the treatment of adult patients with metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer who have received two or more prior anti-HER2 regimens, at least one of which was for metastatic disease.
What doses of Margenza are available?
Margenza is available in injection form, in the following doses: 250 mg/10 mL (25 mg/mL) in a single-dose vial.
Before starting therapy, you should have an echocardiogram or a MUGA (multigated blood-pool imaging) scan to check how well your heart is functioning.
Administer Margenza as an intravenous infusion at 15 mg/kg over 120 minutes for the initial dose, then over a minimum of 30 minutes every 3 weeks for all subsequent doses. Margenza may be administered immediately after chemotherapy completion on days when both Margenza and chemotherapy are to be administered.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Margenza active ingredients
The active ingredient of Margenza is margetuximab-cmkb.
Margenza side effects
The most common side effects of Margenza in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, decreased appetite
- Headache, pyrexia
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Arthralgia, myalgia
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia
- Extremity pain
In rare instances, Margenza can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Infusion-related reactions (IRRs)
- Left ventricular dysfunction – may lead to reductions in left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF). Discontinue treatment for a confirmed clinically significant decrease in left ventricular function. Symptoms include fast or pounding heartbeats, cough, shortness of breath, swelling, or rapid weight gain
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – use effective contraception during treatment
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Margenza against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Margenza to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Margenza drug interactions
Margenza can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other chemotherapy treatment options for cancer – daunorubicin, doxorubicin, epirubicin, idarubicin
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Margenza.
You should not use Margenza if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient margetuximab-cmkb
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Margenza
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – birth control should be used while receiving treatment and for 4 months after your last dose of Margenza
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Margenza if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Margenza
Margenza is the trademark brand name for margetuximab-cmkb manufactured by MacroGenics, Inc. A generic version of margetuximab-cmkb is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Margenza savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.