Menest Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Menest medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Menest cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Menest patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Menest prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Menest patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Menest patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Menest patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Menest patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Menest. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Menest assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Menest patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Menest medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Menest coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Menest patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Menest manufacturer coupons, Menest discounts, or free Menest samples. We are not a Menest coupon provider or Menest discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Menest cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Menest patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Menest medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Menest cost without insurance?
Menest cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Menest oral tablets 0.3 mg usually cost $200 for 100 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Menest cost with insurance?
The copay for Menest with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Menest?
Menest (generic name, esterified estrogens) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer.
Estrogen is a female sex hormone normally produced by the ovaries. It is necessary for many processes in the body. Menest is a man-made mixture of estrogens used:
- To treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, vaginal burning or irritation, or other hormonal changes in the vagina
- To replace estrogen in women with ovarian failure or other conditions that cause a lack of natural estrogen in the body
- To treat symptoms of breast cancer in men and women
- To treat symptoms of advanced prostate cancer in men
Menest will only treat the symptoms of cancer, it will not treat cancer itself.
What doses of Menest are available?
Menest is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 0.3 mg, 0.625 mg, 1.25 mg, and 2.5 mg.
Menest can be taken daily or on a cycled schedule, depending on the condition being treated. On a cycled schedule, you will take it daily for several days or weeks and then have a 7 to 10 day break, off the medicine,
Take the medicine at the same time each day. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose, and go back to your normal dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time. To help reduce your risk of uterine cancer, your doctor may also prescribe progestin to you.
Read the full patient information, and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Menest active ingredients
Menest contains esterified estrogens as the active ingredient.
Menest side effects
The most common side effects of Menest in clinical trials include:
- Flushing or reddening of the face, neck, chest, arms, or back
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Mood changes
- Decreased sex drive
- Changes in vaginal bleeding pattern and abnormal withdrawal bleeding or flow, breakthrough bleeding, spotting, dysmenorrhea
- Problems with contact lenses
In rare instances, Menest can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of blood clots, stroke, or heart attack
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood
- Pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs
- Chest pain or pressure, spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Stomach pain, fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- Increased thirst or urination, muscle weakness, bone pain, confusion, lack of energy
- Fluid retention
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Menest against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Menest to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Menest drug interactions
Menest can interact with other medications. These include:
- Immunomodulatory drugs – lenalidomide, thalidomide
- Corticosteroids – betamethasone, cortisone, dexamethasone
- Anticonvulsants – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Antifungals – clotrimazole, fluconazole, ketoconazole
- St. john’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Menest. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Menest if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient esterified estrogens
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Menest
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding that a doctor has not checked
- Have a bleeding or blood-clotting disorder
- Have breast cancer
- Have a history of hormone-dependent cancer
- Have a history of blood clots caused by taking birth control pills or hormone replacement medicine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Menest if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Menest
- Have heart disease
- Have high blood pressure
- Have gallbladder disease
- Have a history of depression
- Have liver disease
- Have diabetes
- Have kidney disease
- Suffer from epilepsy
- Have had a hysterectomy
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Menest is the trademark brand name for esterified estrogens manufactured by Pfizer. A generic version of esterified estrogens is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Menest savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.