Nalfon Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Nalfon medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Nalfon coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Nalfon coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Nalfon manufacturer coupons, Nalfon discounts, rebates, Nalfon savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Nalfon medication with NiceRx.
Nalfon patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Nalfon cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Nalfon cost without insurance?
Nalfon prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Nalfon capsules 400 mg will typically cost around $500 for 90 capsules.
How much does Nalfon cost with insurance?
Your healthcare plan will determine the copay of Nalfon with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Nalfon?
Nalfon is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Xspire Pharma. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used for the relief of mild to moderate pain in adults, the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, and the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
What doses of Nalfon are available?
Nalfon is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 200 mg and 400 mg.
Store Nalfon tablets at room temperature 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). Read the medication guide and always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Nalfon active ingredients
Nalfon contains fenoprofen calcium as the active ingredient.
Nalfon side effects
The most common side effects of fenoprofen in clinical trials include:
- Headache, drowsiness
- Nausea, dizziness
- Peripheral edema (fluid retention)
In rare instances, Nalfon can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hepatotoxicity – discontinue if signs and symptoms of liver disease develop, such as nausea, vomiting, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, severe stomach pain
- Increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal
- Increased risk for a heart attack or stroke
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure and edema (swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain)
- Renal toxicity – monitor patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Serious skin reactions
- Premature closure of fetal ductus arteriosus
- Hematologic toxicity – monitor hemoglobin or hematocrit in patients with any signs or symptoms of anemia
- Signs of kidney problems – pink urine, painful urination, signs of infection, fever, easy bruising or bleeding
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nalfon against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Nalfon to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Nalfon drug interactions
Nalfon can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anticonvulsants – phenobarbital or phenytoin
- ACE inhibitors
- Corticosteroids – prednisone
- Diuretics – furosemide
- Blood thinners (anticoagulants) – dabigatran, enoxaparin, warfarin
- NSAIDs – celecoxib, ibuprofen, meloxicam, or naproxen
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Nalfon. Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
You should not use Nalfon if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient fenoprofen
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nalfon
- Have a history of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
- Have aspirin-sensitive asthma
- Are in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – This medication may harm an unborn baby. Avoid the use of NSAIDs in pregnant women starting at 30 weeks of gestation
Talk to your doctor before using Nalfon if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nalfon
- Are an elderly patient with a prior history of peptic ulcer disease and/or GI bleeding
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Nalfon is the trademark brand name for fenoprofen manufactured by Xspire Pharma. A generic version of fenoprofen is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Nalfon savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.