Is NiceRx a Nextstellis coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Nextstellis coupon, Nextstellis discount card, or Nextstellis copay card provider. We do not offer Nextstellis manufacturer coupons, Nextstellis discounts, rebates, Nextstellis savings cards, trial offers, or free Nextstellis samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Nextstellis patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Nextstellis cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Nextstellis cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Nextstellis costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Nextstellis oral tablets (3 mg-14.2 mg) will cost around $210 for 28 tablets.
How much does Nextstellis cost with insurance?
The copay for Nextstellis will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Nextstellis?
Nextstellis is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Mayne Pharma. It is a combination birth control pill containing drospirenone, a progestin, and estetrol, an estrogen, and is used by females of reproductive potential for the prevention of pregnancy. Nextstellis may be less effective if you have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more and may become less effective as your BMI increases.
What doses of Nextstellis are available?
Nextstellis is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 24 pink tablets containing drospirenone 3 mg and estetrol 14.2 mg, and 4 white inert tablets.
If you have not used Nextstellis before, start on the first day of your menstrual period. You will not need a backup non-hormonal birth control method. If you start taking Nextstellis on any day other than the first day of your menstrual period, use a backup non-hormonal contraception such as condoms or spermicide, until you have taken one pink tablet every day for seven days.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Nextstellis active ingredients
The active ingredients of Nextstellis are drospirenone and estetrol.
Nextstellis side effects
The most common side effects of Nextstellis in clinical trials include:
- Bleeding irregularities
- Mood changes
- Breast tenderness, pain, and discomfort
- Painful periods
- Weight gain
- Decreased sex drive
In rare instances, Nextstellis can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Thromboembolic disorders and other vascular problems – consider all cardiovascular risk factors before starting treatment
- Hyperkalemia (increased serum potassium levels)
- Hormonally-sensitive malignancy
- Liver disease – suspend or discontinue for continuous or significant increases of liver enzymes
- Glucose tolerance and hypertriglyceridemia
- Gallbladder disease and cholestasis
- Bleeding irregularities and breakthrough bleeding
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nextstellis against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Nextstellis to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Nextstellis drug interactions
Nextstellis can interact with other medications. These include:
- CYP3A Inducers
- CYP inhibitors
- HIV/hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors – nelfinavir, ritonavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, and nevirapine
- Potassium-sparing diuretics
- Potassium supplements
- Hepatitis C drug combinations containing ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir, with or without dasabuvir
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Nextstellis. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Nextstellis if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients drospirenone and estetrol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nextstellis
- Are at high risk of arterial or venous thrombotic diseases
- Smoke and are 35 years of age or older – cigarette smoking increases the risk of serious cardiovascular events from the use of combination oral contraceptives (COC)
- Have blood clots or problems with your blood clotting
- Have high cholesterol
- Have heart valve problems or an irregular heartbeat
- Have had a stroke or heart attack
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have diabetes
- Suffer from severe migraine headaches with aura
- Have liver problems, including tumors
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have or have had hormone-sensitive breast cancer
- Have kidney disease or kidney failure
- Have reduced adrenal gland function (adrenal insufficiency)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Nextstellis if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nextstellis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – These drugs may pass into your breastmilk
Nextstellis is the trademark brand name for drospirenone and estetrol manufactured by Mayne Pharma. A generic version of drospirenone and estetrol is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Nextstellis savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.