Nicotrol Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nicotrol medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Nicotrol cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Nicotrol patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Nicotrol patient assistance?
We review each Nicotrol enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nicotrol patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Nicotrol patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Nicotrol. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Nicotrol coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Nicotrol coupon, Nicotrol discount card, or Nicotrol copay card provider. We do not offer Nicotrol manufacturer coupons, Nicotrol discounts, rebates, Nicotrol savings cards, trial offers, or free Nicotrol samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Nicotrol patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Nicotrol if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Nicotrol if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Nicotrol
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Nicotrol prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Nicotrol medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Nicotrol with insurance?
The cost of Nicotrol with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Nicotrol cost without insurance?
Nicotrol prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a Nicotrol inhaler inhalation device 10 mg will cost around $490 for a 168 device.
What is Nicotrol?
Nicotrol contains the prescription medicine nicotine, which is also the main ingredient in tobacco. Nicotine nasal spray and inhalers are used to help you stop smoking and to help reduce nicotine withdrawal symptoms as you quit smoking. Nicotine nasal sprays and inhalers should be used as a part of a treatment plan alongside counseling, group support and changes to your behavior. Engaging in all areas of the support program will give you a greater chance of success in quitting. Prolonged use of Nicotrol for longer than 6 months is not recommended, as nicotine long-term use has not been thoroughly tested. It is also important to be aware that quitting smoking can cause nicotine withdrawal symptoms, such as feeling dizzy or drowsy, problems concentrating, changes in your mood, headaches, muscle pain, difficulty sleeping, an increased appetite, or weight gain.
Nicotrol active ingredients
Nicotine binds to specific points in your body as well as your brain, known as nicotinic-cholinergic receptors. Nicotine has two main effects on your central nervous system. These are a stimulating effect and a reward effect. Low doses create the stimulant effects while high doses create more of the reward effect.
Nicotine nasal is normally used for up to 8 weeks, and then reduced over the next 4 to 6 weeks. Nicotine inhalation is used for up to 12 weeks, and then reduced over the next 12 weeks. You should follow your doctor’s instructions for reducing your dose. Consult your doctor if you cannot stop smoking after using nicotine nasal for 4 weeks, or after using nicotine inhalation for 6 weeks. Do not use this medicine for longer than 6 months without advice from your doctor.
Nicotrol side effects
The most common side effects caused by Nicotrol include:
- Irritation or burning in your nose, mouth, throat, or eyes
- Cough, sore throat
- Feeling numb or tingling in your nose, mouth, or head
- Runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, nosebleeds
- Changes in your sense of taste or smell
- Reddening of your face
- Tight chest, shortness of breath
- Pain in your ear, neck or jaw
- Nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach
- Withdrawal symptoms
In rare instances, Nicotrol can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Wheezing, tightness in your chest, difficulty breathing
- Increased heartrate
- Severe stinging, burning, irritation in your nose, mouth, or throat
- Blisters, ulcers or bleeding in your nose
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nicotrol against your risk of side effects.
Nicotrol drug interactions
Nicotrol can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for hyperprolactinemia – bromocriptine
- Treatment for major depressive disorders – bupropion
- Treatment for seizures – cenobamate
- Treatments to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides – fenofibrate
- Treatment for non-small cell lung cancer – ceritinib
- Treatments for ulcers, reflux disease, and heartburn – cimetidine, nizatidine, ranitidine
- Treatment for the prevention of migraine headaches – ergotamine
- Treatments for dementia – rivastigmine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Nicotrol.
Nicotrol warning and precautions
You should not use Nicotrol if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nicotine or menthol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nicotrol
Talk to your doctor before using Nicotrol if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nicotrol
- Have heart disease, irregular heartbeats, or high blood pressure
- Suffer from chest pain
- Have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have blood circulation problems
- Have a blood vessel disorder such as Buerger’s disease, Prinzmetal angina, or Raynaud’s syndrome
- Have insulin-dependent diabetes
- Have thyroid problems
- Have any breathing disorders
- Have sinus problems, nasal polyps, or allergies that affect your nose
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have a stomach ulcer
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are a child or teenager
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.