Your monthly Nityr cost savings if eligible
The Nityr patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Nityr, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Nityr patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Nityr assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nityr patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Nityr patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Nityr.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Nityr assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Nityr patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Nityr.
Is NiceRx a Nityr coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Nityr patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Nityr samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Nityr coupons, discount cards, or Nityr copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Nityr cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Nityr medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Nityr cost without insurance?
Nityr prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Nityr oral tablet 2 mg typically costs $5,400 for 60 tablets.
How much does Nityr cost with insurance?
The copay for Nityr will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Nityr with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Nityr?
Nityr is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is a hydroxyphenyl-pyruvate dioxygenase inhibitor used to treat hereditary tyrosinemia type 1 (a rare disease) in combination with dietary restriction of tyrosine and phenylalanine.
What doses of Nityr are available?
Nityr is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 2 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg.
The recommended starting dose is 0.5 mg/kg orally twice daily. The maximum dose is 1 mg/kg orally twice daily. You must maintain dietary restrictions of tyrosine and phenylalanine. Take the tablets with or without food. If you have difficulties swallowing tablets, they may be mixed in water and taken using an oral syringe. The tablets can also be crushed and mixed with applesauce. Store Nityr tablets at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F)
Please see the full prescribing information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Nityr active ingredients
Nityr contains nitisinone as the active ingredient.
Nityr side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Nityr in clinical trials include:
- Elevated tyrosine levels
- Thrombocytopenia, leukopenia – monitor platelet and white blood cell counts
- Conjunctivitis, corneal opacity, keratitis, photophobia, eye pain, blepharitis, cataracts
- Granulocytopenia, epistaxis, pruritus
- Exfoliative dermatitis, dry skin, maculopapular rash
In rare instances, Nityr can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Elevated plasma tyrosine levels, ocular symptoms, developmental delay, and hyperkeratotic plaques. Insufficient restriction of tyrosine and phenylalanine intake can cause an increase in plasma tyrosine. Levels above 500 micromol/L can cause intellectual disability and developmental delay or painful hyperkeratotic plaques. The dosage of Nityr should not be adjusted to lower the plasma tyrosine concentration. Conduct slit-lamp examination before treatment begins and re-examine if symptoms develop. Check plasma tyrosine levels in patients with a sudden change in neurologic status.
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nityr against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Nityr to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Nityr drug interactions
Nityr can interact with other medications. These include:
- CYP2C9 substrates – phenytoin, phenobarbital, diclofenac, omeprazole,
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Nityr.
You should not use Nityr if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nitisinone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nityr
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Nityr if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nityr
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Nityr is the trademark brand name for nitisinone manufactured by Cycle Pharmaceuticals Ltd. A generic version of nitisinone is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Nityr savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.