Norvir Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Norvir medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Norvir cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Norvir patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Norvir patient assistance?
We review each Norvir enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Norvir patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Norvir patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Norvir, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Norvir coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Norvir coupon, Norvir discount card, or Norvir copay card provider. We do not offer Norvir manufacturer coupons, Norvir discounts, rebates, Norvir savings cards, trial offers, or free Norvir samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Norvir cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Norvir
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Norvir prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Norvir cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Norvir costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Norvir oral powder for reconstitution 100 mg will cost around $280 for 30 powders for reconstitution.
How much does Norvir cost with insurance?
The copay for Norvir will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Norvir?
Norvir is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by AbbVie Inc. Norvir tablets and oral solutions are HIV protease inhibitors used with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection. Norvir oral powder is used with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of pediatric patients with HIV-1 infection.
What doses of Norvir are available?
Norvir is available as tablets: 100 mg, oral solution: 80 mg/mL, or oral powder: 100 mg per packet.
For adult patients, the dose is 600 mg twice daily with meals. For pediatric patients greater than one month of age the dose is based on body surface area and should not exceed 600 mg twice daily with meals. Norvir oral solution should not be given to neonates before a postmenstrual age of 44 weeks has been reached. If you miss a dose of Norvir, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and further patient information. Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Norvir active ingredients
The active ingredient of Norvir is ritonavir.
Norvir side effects
The most common side effects of Norvir in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain (upper and lower)
- Neurological disturbances (including paresthesia and oral paresthesia)
In rare instances, Norvir can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Toxicity in preterm neonates
- Hepatotoxicity – monitor liver function before and during therapy, especially in patients with underlying hepatic disease, including hepatitis B and hepatitis C, or transaminase elevations
- Pancreatitis – loss of appetite, upper stomach pain (that may spread to your back), nausea, vomiting, dark urine, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Allergic reactions include anaphylaxis, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, bronchospasm, and angioedema
- PR interval prolongation
- Increased cholesterol and triglycerides
- New onset or worsening of diabetes mellitus
- Immune reconstitution syndrome
- Redistribution and accumulation of body fat
- Severe tiredness, muscle aches, weakness that doesn’t go away, headaches that are severe or don’t go away, joint pain, numbness, tingling of the hands, feet, arms, or legs
- Signs of infection such as fever, chills, swollen lymph nodes, trouble breathing, cough, non-healing skin sores
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Norvir against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Norvir to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Norvir drug interactions
Norvir can interact with other medications. These include:
- Alfuzosin, apalutamide, cisapride, colchicine, St. John’s wort
- Antipsychotic medicine – lurasidone, pimozide
- Cholesterol-lowering medicine – atorvastatin, lovastatin, simvastatin, lomitapide
- Ergot medicine – dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, methylergonovine
- Heart medicine – amiodarone, dronedarone, flecainide, propafenone, quinidine, ranolazine
- Sedatives – oral midazolam or triazolam
- Cobicistat, disulfiram, orlistat
- Other protease inhibitors – atazanavir, darunavir, fosamprenavir, saquinavir, and tipranavir
- Azole antifungals such as voriconazole
- Blood thinners such as rivaroxaban, warfarin
- Drugs to treat erectile dysfunction or pulmonary arterial hypertension such as avanafil, and sildenafil (Revatio)
- Certain opioid pain medications such as fentanyl, meperidine
- Treatments for lung disorders – salmeterol, fluticasone
- Hormonal birth contraceptives such as pills, patches, or rings
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Norvir. Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you use. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
You should not use Norvir if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ritonavir
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Norvir
- Are taking drugs highly dependent on CYP3A for clearance and for which high plasma concentrations may cause serious and/or life-threatening events
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Norvir if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Norvir
- Have liver disease (especially hepatitis B or C) or any other liver problems
- Have heart problems
- Have diabetes
- Have hemophilia, a bleeding disorder
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Norvir is the trademark brand name for ritonavir manufactured by AbbVie Inc. A generic version of ritonavir is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Norvir savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.