Nuzyra Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nuzyra medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Nuzyra cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Nuzyra patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Nuzyra prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Nuzyra patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Nuzyra patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nuzyra patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Nuzyra patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Nuzyra. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Nuzyra assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Nuzyra patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Nuzyra medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Nuzyra coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Nuzyra patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Nuzyra manufacturer coupons, Nuzyra discounts, or free Nuzyra samples. We are not a Nuzyra coupon provider or a Nuzyra discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Nuzyra if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Nuzyra patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Nuzyra medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Nuzyra cost without insurance?
Nuzyra cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Nuzyra oral tablet 150 mg usually costs $1,475 for 6 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Nuzyra cost with insurance?
The copay for Nuzyra with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Nuzyra?
Nuzyra is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Nuzyra is a tetracycline-class antibacterial indicated for the treatment of adult patients with the following infections caused by susceptible microorganisms:
- Community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP) caused by – Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-susceptible isolates), Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Chlamydophila pneumoniae
- Acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) caused by – Staphylococcus aureus (methicillin-susceptible and -resistant isolates), Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus anginosus grp. (includes S. anginosus, S. intermedius, and S. constellatus), Enterococcus faecalis, Enterobacter cloacae, and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain its effectiveness and other antibacterial drugs, it should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria.
What doses of Nuzyra are available?
Nuzyra is available in:
- Injection form, in the following doses: 100 mg of omadacycline (equivalent to 131 mg omadacycline tosylate) as a lyophilized powder in a single-dose vial for reconstitution and further dilution before intravenous infusion
- Tablet form in the following doses: 150 mg omadacycline (equivalent to 196 mg omadacycline tosylate)
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Nuzyra active ingredients
Nuzyra contains omadacycline as the active ingredient.
Nuzyra side effects
The most common adverse effects of Nuzyra in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Infusion site reactions
- Alanine aminotransferase increased, aspartate aminotransferase increased, gamma-glutamyltransferase increased
- Diarrhea, constipation
In rare instances, Nuzyra can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Mortality imbalance – a mortality rate of 2% was observed in Nuzyra-treated patients compared to 1% in moxifloxacin-treated patients
- Tooth discoloration and enamel hypoplasia
- Inhibition of bone growth – the use of Nuzyra during the second and third trimester of pregnancy, infancy, and childhood up to the age of 8 years may cause reversible inhibition of bone growth
- Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) -associated diarrhea
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nuzyra against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Nuzyra to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Nuzyra drug interactions
Nuzyra can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anticoagulant therapy
- Antacids containing aluminum, calcium, or magnesium, bismuth subsalicylate, and iron-containing preparations
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Nuzyra. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Nuzyra if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient omadacycline
- Have had an allergic reaction, or have a known hypersensitivity to omadacycline, tetracycline-class antibacterial drugs, or to any of the other ingredients in Nuzyra
- Are younger than 18 years of age
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Nuzyra if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nuzyra
Nuzyra is the trademark brand name for omadacycline manufactured by Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of omadacycline is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Nuzyra savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.