Is NiceRx an Olinvyk coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Olinvyk patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Olinvyk manufacturer coupons, Olinvyk discounts, or free Olinvyk samples. We are not an Olinvyk coupon provider or Olinvyk discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals in accessing the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Olinvyk patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Olinvyk cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Olinvyk cost without insurance?
Olinvyk cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Olinvyk intravenous solution (1 mg/mL) usually costs $195 for 10 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Olinvyk cost with insurance?
The copay for Olinvyk with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Olinvyk?
Olinvyk is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Trevena Inc. It is classed as an opioid agonist for the management of acute pain in adults, whether it may be moderate to severe acute pain, where the pain is severe enough to require an intravenous opioid and for whom alternative treatment options are not adequate. (Are not tolerated or are not expected to be tolerated, have not provided or are not expected to provide adequate pain relief.
What doses of Olinvyk are available?
Olinvyk is available in injection form, in the following doses: 1 mg/mL and 2 mg/2 ml in single-dose vials, and 30 mg/30 mL in single-patient-use vials, for PCA use only.
Begin treatment with a 1.5 mg dose. For patient-controlled analgesia (PCA), the recommended demand dose is 0.35 mg, with a 6-minute lock-out. A demand dose of 0.5 mg may be considered. Supplemental doses of 0.75 mg can be given, starting 1 hour after the initial dose, and every hour thereafter, as required.
See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning, and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Olinvyk active ingredients
Olinvyk contains oliceridine as the active ingredient. The effectiveness of Olinvyk was established in two randomized, double-blind, open-label, placebo, and morphine-controlled studies of patients with moderate to severe acute pain after orthopedic surgery-bunionectomy or plastic surgery-abdominoplasty.
Olinvyk side effects
The most common side effects of Olinvyk in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Dizziness, headache
In rare instances, Olinvyk can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- QT prolongation – do not exceed a cumulative daily dose of 27 mg
- Life-threatening respiratory depression in those with chronic pulmonary disease or in the elderly, cachectic, or debilitated patients
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Severe hypotension
- Sleep-related breathing disorders including central sleep apnea (CSA) and sleep-related hypoxemia
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Olinvyk against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Olinvyk to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Olinvyk drug interactions
Olinvyk can interact with other medications. These include:
- Moderate and strong CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Serotonergic drugs – concomitant use may cause serotonin syndrome
- Mixed agonist/antagonist and partial agonist opioid analgesics may reduce the analgesic effect of Olinvyk or cause withdrawal symptoms
- Benzodiazepines or other Central nervous system, (CNS depressants), including alcohol – may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Olinvyk.
You should not use Olinvyk if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient oliceridine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Olinvyk
- Have significant respiratory depression
- Have acute or severe bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment
- Have a known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – may result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome
Talk to your doctor before using Olinvyk if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Olinvyk
- Have increased intracranial pressure, brain tumors, head injury, or impaired consciousness
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Olinvyk is the trademark brand name for oliceridine manufactured by Trevena Inc. A generic version of oliceridine is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Olinvyk savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.