Your monthly Olux-E cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Olux-E prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Olux-E patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Olux-E patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Olux-E enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Olux-E patient assistance program?
Applying for the Olux-E patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Olux-E, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Olux-E assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Olux-E patient assistance program, we will also request your Olux-E medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Olux-E coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Olux-E coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Olux-E manufacturer coupons, Olux-E discounts, rebates, Olux-E savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Olux-E medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Olux-E cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Olux-E patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Olux-E
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Olux-E prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Olux-E cost without insurance?
Olux-E prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Olux-E topical foam 0.05% will typically cost around $575 for 50 grams.
How much does Olux-E cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Olux-E with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Olux-E?
Olux-E (clobetasol propionate foam) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Stiefel Laboratories, Inc. Olux-E is a petrolatum-based emulsion topical steroid used to treat a variety of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. Clobetasol will reduce the swelling, itching, and redness that occur with these conditions.
What doses of Olux-E are available?
Olux-E is available as a foam, in the following doses: 0.05%.
Olux-E foam is for topical use only, not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Apply a thin layer of the foam to the affected area twice daily, in the morning and evening, for up to 2 weeks continuously. Do not exceed the maximum weekly dose of 50 g.
Store the foam at room temperature of 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C). Olux-E Foam is flammable. Avoid fire, flames, or smoking during and following application.
Read the full drug information and always speak with your healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Olux-E active ingredients
Olux-E contains clobetasol propionate as the active ingredient.
Olux-E side effects
The most common side effects of Olux-E in clinical trials include:
- Application site atrophy and application site reactions
- Irritation or dryness
- Unusual hair growth (folliculitis)
- Temporary hair loss
- Burning, itching, swelling
- Spider veins
- Stretch marks, thinning skin
- Rash or hives
In rare instances, Olux-E can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Reversible HPA axis suppression
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) – increased thirst and urination, dry mouth, fruity breath odor
- Unmasking of latent diabetes. Pediatric patients may be more prone to systemic reactions when treated with topical corticosteroids
- Worsening of your skin condition
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights
- Weight gain in your face and shoulders, slow wound healing, changes in skin color, tiredness, mood changes, menstrual changes, sexual changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Olux-E against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Olux-E to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Olux-E drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Olux-E, including prescription drugs and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Olux-E if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient clobetasol propionate
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Olux-E
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Olux-E if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Olux-E
- Have any type of skin infection
- Have liver disease
- Have an adrenal gland disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Olux-E is the trademark brand name for clobetasol propionate manufactured by Stiefel Laboratories, Inc. A generic version of clobetasol propionate is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Olux-E savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.