Is NiceRx a Pegasys Proclick coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Pegasys Proclick coupon, Pegasys Proclick discount card, or Pegasys Proclick copay card provider. We do not offer Pegasys Proclick manufacturer coupons, Pegasys Proclick discounts, rebates, Pegasys Proclick savings cards, trial offers, or free Pegasys Proclick samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Pegasys Proclick patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Pegasys Proclick cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Pegasys Proclick costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Pegasys Proclick subcutaneous solution (180 mcg/mL) will cost around $1,100 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Pegasys Proclick cost with insurance?
The copay for Pegasys Proclick will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Pegasys Proclick?
Pegasys Proclick is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Genentech.
Pegasys is indicated for the treatment of
- Chronic Hepatitis C (CHC) – with other hepatitis C virus drugs for adults with compensated liver disease, or with ribavirin for pediatric patients 5 years of age and older with compensated liver disease
- Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB) – in adults with HBeAg-positive and HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis B (CHB) infection who have compensated liver disease and viral replication and liver inflammation, or to treat non-cirrhotic pediatric patients 3 years of age and older with HBeAg-positive CHB and viral replication and raised serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
What doses of Pegasys Proclick are available?
Pegasys Proclick is available in injection form, in the following doses: 180 mcg/mL in a vial, 180 mcg/0.5 mL in a prefilled syringe, 180 mcg/0.5 mL in an Autoinjector, and 135 mcg/0.5 mL in an Autoinjector.
Pegasys is given as a subcutaneous injection. The dose you receive and how long you are treated will depend on your condition, genotype, and whether it is given with other HCV antiviral drugs.
Please read the medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Pegasys Proclick active ingredients
The active ingredient of Pegasys Proclick is peginterferon alfa-2a.
Pegasys Proclick side effects
The most common side effects of Pegasys Proclick in clinical trials include:
- Flu-like symptoms such as headache, tiredness, fever, chills, and muscle aches
- Nausea, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, dry mouth, back pain, loss of appetite, dizziness, difficulty sleeping, or redness or swelling at the injection site
- Tooth and gum problems – a dry mouth can make this side effect worse
- Temporary hair loss
In rare instances, Pegasys Proclick can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- May cause or worsen fatal or life-threatening neuropsychiatric, autoimmune, ischemic, and infectious disorders
- Confusion, depression, suicidal thoughts, or aggressive behavior
- Signs of an infection
- Birth defects and fetal death. Patients must have a negative pregnancy test before starting treatment, use 2 forms of contraception, and have monthly pregnancy tests
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Bone marrow suppression
- Autoimmune and endocrine disorders
- Ophthalmologic disorders
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Hepatic decompensation in cirrhotic patients
- Pulmonary disorders
- Colitis and pancreatitis
- Hypersensitivity and serious skin reactions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, include rash, itching, swelling (especially of the face, tongue, or throat), severe dizziness, and trouble breathing
- Growth impairment with combination therapy in pediatric patients
- Peripheral neuropathy when used in combination with telbivudine
- Chronic Hepatitis C with HIV coinfection
- Neutropenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia
- Chest pain, seizures, symptoms of a stroke, vision changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pegasys Proclick against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Pegasys Proclick to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Pegasys Proclick drug interactions
Pegasys Proclick can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs metabolized by CYP1A2 – theophylline
- Nucleoside analogs
- Zidovudine – monitor for worsening neutropenia and/or anemia
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Pegasys Proclick. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Pegasys Proclick contraindications
You should not use Pegasys Proclick if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient peginterferon alfa-2a or to any other alpha interferons
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pegasys Proclick
- Have hepatic decompensation with cirrhosis
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – birth control must be used by male and female patients during treatment and for 6 months after the last dose
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Pegasys Proclick if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pegasys Proclick
- Have autoimmune hepatitis
- Have autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or psoriasis
- Have bleeding problems
- Have diabetes
- Have high blood pressure
- Have colitis
- Have kidney disease
- Have breathing problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Have pancreatitis
- Have high triglyceride levels
- Have thyroid problems
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Pegasys Proclick generic
Pegasys Proclick is the trademark brand name for peginterferon alfa-2a manufactured by Genentech. A generic version of peginterferon alfa-2a is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Pegasys Proclick savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.