Your monthly Peptamen cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Peptamen patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Peptamen prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Peptamen patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Peptamen patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Peptamen patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Peptamen patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Peptamen. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Peptamen assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Peptamen patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Peptamen medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Peptamen coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Peptamen patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Peptamen manufacturer coupons, Peptamen discounts, or free Peptamen samples. We are not a Peptamen coupon provider or Peptamen discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Peptamen if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Peptamen patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Peptamen medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Peptamen cost without insurance?
Peptamen cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Peptamen usually costs $150 for 20, 250 mL of liquid. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Peptamen cost with insurance?
The copay for Peptamen with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Peptamen?
Peptamen is manufactured by Nestle Healthcare nutrition. It may be used for tube feeding or oral supplementation. It is used for lactose intolerance and gluten-free diets, but not for people with galactosemia.
Peptamen is a nutritionally-complete peptide-based formula designed to provide nutritional support for individuals with impaired GI function. It is formulated with enzymatically hydrolyzed 100% whey protein, which may help with gastric emptying.
Peptamen tube-feeding formulas are recommended for individuals who:
- Cannot tolerate formulas with intact or whole protein
- May have problems digesting or absorbing protein or fat
- Have digestive tract impairment, such as malabsorption, delayed gastric emptying, short-bowel syndrome, cystic fibrosis, pancreatitis, diarrhea, early enteral feeding
- Transition from or dual feeding with TPN
What doses of Peptamen are available?
Peptamen is available in liquid form, in a variety of flavors and formulations.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical supervision or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Peptamen active ingredients
Peptamen contains the following ingredients:
- Carbohydrate – MCT, corn, maltodextrin, partially hydrolyzed whey protein, medium-chain triglycerides, soybean oil, L-carnitine, taurine
- Vitamins – Vitamin A palmitate, beta-carotene, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, Vitamin K1, sodium ascorbate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, choline chloride
- Minerals – Sodium phosphate, sodium citrate, potassium phosphate, potassium citrate, potassium chloride, tricalcium phosphate, calcium citrate, magnesium chloride, magnesium oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, sodium selenate, sodium molybdate, calcium phosphate, chromium trichloride, soy lecithin, guar gum, citric acid, dimethylpolsiloxane
Peptamen side effects
The most common side effects of Peptamen in clinical trials include:
- Slow emptying of the stomach
- Bloating or distention
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Peptamen against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Peptamen to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Peptamen drug interactions
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Peptamen if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient whey protein
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Peptamen
Talk to your doctor before using Peptamen if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Peptamen
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Peptamen is the trademark brand name for whey protein manufactured by Nestlé Health Science. A generic version of whey protein is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Peptamen savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.