Your monthly Pfizerpen cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Pfizerpen prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Pfizerpen patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Pfizerpen patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Pfizerpen enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Pfizerpen patient assistance program?
Applying for the Pfizerpen patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Pfizerpen, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Pfizerpen assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Pfizerpen patient assistance program, we will also request your Pfizerpen medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Pfizerpen coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Pfizerpen coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Pfizerpen manufacturer coupons, Pfizerpen discounts, rebates, Pfizerpen savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Pfizerpen medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Pfizerpen cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Pfizerpen patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Pfizerpen
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Pfizerpen prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Pfizerpen cost without insurance?
Pfizerpen prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Pfizerpen injectable powder for injection (5,000,000 units) will typically cost around $80 for 10 powders for injection.
How much does Pfizerpen cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Pfizerpen with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Pfizerpen?
Pfizerpen is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer, Inc. Pfizerpen is used to treat many different types of severe infections, including strep and staph infections, diphtheria, meningitis, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
Pfizerpen is a fast-acting antibiotic that fights bacterial infections in your body. It is also used to prevent infection of the heart (bacterial endocarditis) in patients with certain heart diseases who are having surgery.
Pfizerpen is also used for the treatment of bacteremia, empyema, Streptobacillus moniliformis, and Spirillum minus (rat-bite fever).
What doses of Pfizerpen are available?
Pfizerpen is available in powder for injection form, in the following doses: 5000000[iU].
Pfizerpen is injected by intramuscular or intravenous injection through an IV. Pfizerpen may also be injected into the membrane surrounding the lungs, or into the fluid surrounding the spinal cord.
Please read the drug information and product information leaflet and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Pfizerpen active ingredients
Pfizerpen contains penicillin G potassium as the active ingredient.
Pfizerpen side effects
The most common side effects of Pfizerpen in clinical trials include:
- Mild diarrhea
- Black or hairy tongue
- Pain, swelling, bruising, or irritation around the injection site
In rare instances, Pfizerpen can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Anaphylaxis – Serious and occasionally fatal hypersensitivity reactions
- If used to treat syphilis or other spirochetal infections (such as Lyme disease), this medication may cause a condition known as Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction
- May rarely cause a severe intestinal condition due to a bacteria called C. difficile
- Skin rash, red or scaly skin
- Fever, chills, swollen glands, muscle or joint pain, faster heartbeats
- Feeling faint
- Severe stomach pain, diarrhea that is watery or bloody
- Difficulty urinating
- Bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
- Changes in mood or behavior
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pfizerpen against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Pfizerpen to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Pfizerpen drug interactions
Pfizerpen can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antibacterial agents – erythromycin, tetracycline
- Probenecid which blocks the renal tubular secretion of penicillins
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Pfizerpen. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Pfizerpen if you:
- Have a history of hypersensitivity to the active ingredient penicillin G potassium, penicillin, or cephalosporin antibiotics
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Pfizerpen
Talk to your doctor before using Pfizerpen if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pfizerpen
- Have an electrolyte imbalance or are particularly sensitive to sodium intake (e.g newborns, patients with heart failure or hypertension)
- Have asthma or a history of allergies
- Have hepatic impairment
- Have kidney disease
- Have heart disease
- Take diuretics
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – penicillin G potassium can pass into breast milk
Pfizerpen is the trademark brand name for penicillin G potassium manufactured by Pfizer, Inc. A generic version of penicillin G potassium is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Pfizerpen savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.