Your monthly Prevnar 13 cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Prevnar 13 prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|0.5ml x 1 syringe||$405.00||$49.00||$356.00|
Am I eligible for the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Prevnar 13. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Prevnar 13 assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Prevnar 13 medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Prevnar 13 coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Prevnar 13 patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Prevnar 13 manufacturer coupons, Prevnar 13 discounts, or free Prevnar 13 samples. We are not a Prevnar 13 coupon provider or Prevnar 13 discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Prevnar 13 if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Prevnar 13 patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Prevnar 13 medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Prevnar 13 cost without insurance?
Prevnar 13 cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Prevnar 13 intramuscular suspension usually costs $250 for 0.5 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Prevnar 13 cost with insurance?
The copay for Prevnar 13 with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Prevnar 13?
Prevnar 13 is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals LLC. and marketed by Pfizer Inc. Studies show PCV13 causes the body’s immune system to create antibodies, which help fight the pneumococcal bacteria.
Prevnar 13 is used in children, 6 weeks through 5 years of age for active immunization for the prevention of:
- Invasive pneumococcal disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F and 23F
- Otitis media caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes 4, 6B, 9V, 14, 18C, 19F, and 23F. No otitis media efficacy data are available for serotypes 1, 3, 5, 6A, 7F, and 19A
In children 6 years through 17 years of age, Prevnar 13 is indicated for active immunization for the prevention of:
- Invasive disease caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F and 23F
In adults 18 years of age and older, Prevnar 13 is indicated for active immunization for the prevention of:
- Pneumonia and invasive disease caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F and 23F
Prevnar 13 does not protect against disease caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes that are not in the vaccine.
Pneumococcal disease is common in young children, but older adults are at the greatest risk of serious illness and death. In the United States, there are 2 kinds of vaccines that help prevent pneumococcal disease
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine or PCV13
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine or PPSV23
The CDC (centers for disease control and prevention) recommends pneumococcal vaccination for all children younger than 2 years old and all adults 65 years or older. In certain situations, older children and other healthy adults should also get pneumococcal vaccines.
What doses of Prevnar 13 are available?
Prevnar 13 is available as 0.5 mL suspension for intramuscular injection, supplied in a single-dose prefilled syringe.
Please read the product information and the prescribing information for the full patient safety information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Prevnar 13 active ingredients
Prevnar 13 contains Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine [Diphtheria CRM197 Protein]) as the active ingredient.
Prevnar 13 side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Prevnar 13 in clinical trials include:
- In infants and toddlers vaccinated at 2, 4, 6, and 12-15 months of age – irritability, injection site tenderness, decreased appetite, decreased sleep, increased sleep, fever, injection site redness, and injection site swelling
- In children aged 5 through 17 years – injection site tenderness, injection site redness, injection site swelling, irritability, decreased appetite, increased sleep, fever, and decreased sleep
- In adults aged 18 years and older – pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, decreased appetite, injection site redness, injection site swelling, limitation of arm movement, vomiting, fever, chills, rash
In rare instances, Prevnar 13 can cause more serious adverse events. These can include:
- Severe allergic reaction to any component of Prevnar 13 or any diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine
- Apnea following intramuscular vaccination has been observed in some infants born prematurely
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Prevnar 13 against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Prevnar 13 to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Prevnar 13 drug interactions
Prevnar 13 can interact with other medications.
- When Prevnar 13 is administered at the same time as another injectable vaccine(s), the vaccines should always be administered with different syringes and given at different injection sites
- Individuals with impaired immune responsiveness due to the use of immunosuppressive therapy (including irradiation, corticosteroids, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, and cytotoxic agents) may not respond optimally to active immunization
- Prior receipt of PPSV23 within 1 year results in diminished immune responses to Prevnar 13 compared to individuals without prior receipt of PPSV23
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Prevnar 13.
Prevnar 13 contraindications
You should not use Prevnar 13 if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine [Diphtheria CRM197 Protein])
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Prevnar 13
- Are below the age of 6 weeks
Talk to your doctor about any other medical conditions you may have before using Prevnar 13 if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Prevnar 13
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Prevnar 13 generic
Prevnar 13 is the trademark brand name for Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine [Diphtheria CRM197 Protein]) manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals LLC. and marketed by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine [Diphtheria CRM197 Protein]) is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Prevnar 13 savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.