How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Priftin cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Priftin prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Priftin patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Priftin patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Priftin enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Priftin patient assistance program?
Applying for the Priftin patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Priftin, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Priftin assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Priftin patient assistance program, we will also request your Priftin medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Priftin coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Priftin coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Priftin manufacturer coupons, Priftin discounts, rebates, Priftin savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Priftin medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Priftin cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Priftin patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Priftin
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Priftin prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Priftin cost without insurance?
Priftin prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Priftin oral tablets 150 mg will typically cost around $120 for 24 tablets.
How much does Priftin cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Priftin with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Priftin?
Priftin is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Sanofi. Priftin is a rifamycin antibiotic. It blocks an enzyme bacteria need to produce proteins, thus preventing the bacteria from spreading.
Priftin is indicated for use in patients 12 years of age and older for the treatment of active tuberculosis (active TB) caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis in combination with one or more antituberculosis (anti-TB) drug to which the isolate is susceptible. Priftin is also indicated for the treatment of latent tuberculosis infection (latent TB) caused by M. tuberculosis in combination with isoniazid in patients 2 years of age and older at high risk of progression to TB disease.
What doses of Priftin are available?
Priftin is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 150 mg.
Priftin should not be used alone in either the initial or the continuation phases of antituberculous treatment. In the initial phase take 600 mg twice weekly for two months by direct observation of therapy, with an interval of no less than 3 consecutive days (72 hours) between doses, in combination with other antituberculosis drugs. In the continuation phase (4 Months) take 600 mg once weekly for 4 months by direct observation therapy with isoniazid or another appropriate antituberculous agent. Administration of vitamin B6 during treatment is recommended in order to avoid INH-associated peripheral neuropathy. Do not use as a once-weekly continuation phase regimen with isoniazid in HIV seropositive patients due to the risk of failure and/or relapse with rifampin-resistant organisms.
Please read the medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Priftin active ingredients
Priftin contains rifapentine as the active ingredient.
Priftin side effects
The most common side effects of Priftin in clinical trials include:
- Stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or headache
- Urinary tract infection
In rare instances, Priftin can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Liver problems with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, severe stomach pain, yellowing of the eyes and/or skin, dark urine, painful or swollen joints, bloody urine, easy bleeding and bruising, unusual tiredness
- Discoloration of body fluids – may permanently stain contact lenses or dentures red-orange
- Clostridium difficile-associated colitis
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Priftin against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Priftin to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Priftin drug interactions
Priftin can interact with other medications. These include:
- Protease inhibitors and reverse transcriptase inhibitors – atazanavir, darunavir
- Hormonal contraceptives – use another means of birth control
- Certain antiviral medications (used for HIV or hepatitis) – asunaprevir
- Digoxin, phenytoin, ranolazine, tacrolimus
- Blood thinners – warfarin
- Calcium channel blockers – diltiazem, verapamil
- Immunosuppressants – cyclosporine
- Antiarrhythmics – disopyramide, mexiletine, quinidine, tocainide
- Azole antifungals – fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Antibiotics – chloramphenicol, clarithromycin, dapsone, doxycycline, ciprofloxacin
- Benzodiazepines – diazepam
- Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) Inhibitors – sildenafil
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Priftin. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Priftin if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient rifapentine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Priftin
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Priftin if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Priftin
- Are under the age of 12 years
- Have HIV infection
- Have porphyria
- Have liver disease
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is unknown if rifapentine passes into breast milk
Priftin is the trademark brand name for rifapentine manufactured by Sanofi. A generic version of rifapentine is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Priftin savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.