Is NiceRx a Procardia XL coupon provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Procardia XL patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Procardia XL coupon, a Procardia XL discount card, or a Procardia XL copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Procardia XL samples.
Procardia XL patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Procardia XL cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Procardia XL medication, or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Procardia XL cost without insurance?
Procardia XL costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Procardia XL oral tablets, extended-release 30 mg will typically cost around $700 for 100 tablets.
How much does Procardia XL cost with insurance?
The copay of Procardia XL will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Procardia XL?
Procardia XL is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer. Procardia XL is a calcium channel blocker used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) or angina (chest pain). It works by relaxing blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily.
What doses of Procardia XL are available?
Procardia XL is available as an extended-release tablet, in the following doses: 30 mg.
Please read the drug information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Procardia XL active ingredients
Procardia XL contains nifedipine as the active ingredient.
Procardia XL side effects
The most common side effects of nifedipine in clinical trials include:
- Dizziness, headache, flushing
- Edema (swelling ankles/feet)
- Nausea, heartburn
- Muscle cramps
In rare instances, Procardia XL can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Worsening chest pain
- Irregular or faster heartbeats
- Lightheadedness, like you might pass out
- Upper stomach pain, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Procardia XL against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative adverse events or adverse reactions of Procardia XL to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Procardia XL drug interactions
Procardia XL can interact with other medications. These include:
- St. John’s wort
- Antibiotics – rifabutin, rifampin
- Anticonvulsants – carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice
- Taper your dose of beta-blocker gradually. Stopping a beta-blocker too quickly can cause serious problems that will not be prevented by Procardia XL
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Procardia XL. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Procardia XL contraindications
You should not use Procardia XL if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to the active ingredient nifedipine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Procardia XL
- Are younger than 18 years old
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Talk to your doctor before using Procardia XL if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Procardia XL
- Have coronary artery disease
- Have had a heart attack
- Have very low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Have aortic stenosis (severe narrowing of the aortic valve in your heart)
- Have congestive heart failure
- Have cirrhosis or another liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have galactose intolerance, or severe problems with lactose
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Procardia XL generic
Procardia XL is the trademark brand name for nifedipine manufactured by Pfizer. A generic version of nifedipine is OR is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Procardia XL savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.