Procysbi Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Procysbi medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Procysbi cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Procysbi prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Procysbi patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Procysbi patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Procysbi enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Procysbi patient assistance program?
Applying for the Procysbi patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Procysbi, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Procysbi assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Procysbi patient assistance program, we will also request your Procysbi medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Procysbi coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Procysbi coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Procysbi manufacturer coupons, Procysbi discounts, rebates, Procysbi savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Procysbi medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Procysbi cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Procysbi patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Procysbi
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Procysbi prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Procysbi cost without insurance?
Procysbi prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Procysbi oral granules, enteric-coated 75 mg will typically cost around $6,700 for 60 granules.
How much does Procysbi cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Procysbi with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Procysbi?
Procysbi is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Horizon Therapeutics plc. Procysbi is a cystine-depleting agent that works to control cystine levels. It is indicated for the treatment of nephropathic cystinosis in adults and pediatric patients 1 year of age and older.
What doses of Procysbi are available?
Procysbi is available as:
- Delayed-release capsules, in the following doses: 25 mg and 75 mg
- Delayed-release oral granules, in the following doses: 75 mg and 300 mg in single-use packets
Start with a total daily dose equal to the previous total daily dose of immediate-release cysteamine bitartrate. Adjust the dose to achieve a therapeutic target white blood cell (WBC) cystine concentration.
Swallow capsules whole, do not crush or chew capsules or the contents of capsules. Take the capsules with fruit juice (except grapefruit juice) or water. Do not crush or chew the granules. Sprinkle and mix the granules in applesauce, berry jelly, or fruit juice (except grapefruit juice). See the full prescribing information on how to prepare and administer the capsules and oral granules if you cannot swallow the capsules or have gastrostomy tubes.
Take Procysbi at least 1 hour before or 1 hour after medications containing bicarbonate or carbonate. Do not eat for at least 2 hours before and for at least 30 minutes after. If you are unable to take Procysbi without eating, take it with food but limit the amount of food to approximately 4 ounces (1/2 cup) 1 hour before through 1 hour after administration. Avoid high-fat food close to dosing, and avoid drinking alcohol.
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Procysbi active ingredients
Procysbi contains cysteamine bitartrate as the active ingredient.
Procysbi side effects
The most common side effects of Procysbi in clinical trials include:
- In patients 6 years of age and older – vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite abdominal pain, breath odor, diarrhea, skin odor, fatigue, rash, and headache
- In patients 1 year to less than 6 years – vomiting, gastroenteritis/viral gastroenteritis, diarrhea, breath odor, nausea, electrolyte imbalance, and headache
In rare instances, Procysbi can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Ehlers-Danlos-like syndrome – reduce dosage if skin and bone lesions occur
- Skin rash – discontinue if severe skin rash such as erythema multiforme bullosa or toxic epidermal necrolysis occurs
- Central nervous system (CNS) symptoms
- Leukopenia and/or elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Benign intracranial hypertension
- Gastrointestinal (GI) ulceration and bleeding in the stomach and/or intestines – symptoms include nausea, vomiting, anorexia, and abdominal pain
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Procysbi against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Procysbi to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Procysbi drug interactions
Procysbi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that increase the gastric pH such as bicarbonates or carbonates. These may alter the pharmacokinetics of cysteamine due to the premature release of cysteamine from Procysbi and increased WBC cystine concentration
- Alcohol may increase the rate of cysteamine release and/or adversely alter the pharmacokinetic properties, as well as the effectiveness and safety of Procysbi
- Other medications used for the management of Fanconi Syndrome
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Procysbi. Tell your healthcare provider about all medicines that you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Procysbi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cysteamine bitartrate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Procysbi
- Have known hypersensitivity to penicillamine or cysteamine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Procysbi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Procysbi
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Procysbi is the trademark brand name for cysteamine bitartrate manufactured by Horizon Therapeutics plc. A generic version of cysteamine bitartrate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Procysbi savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.