Ranexa Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ranexa medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Ranexa cost savings if eligible
Through the Ranexa patient assistance program you could make the following savings every month on the cost of your medication:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|500mg 60 tablets||$399.00||$49.00||$350.00|
|1000mg 60 tablets||$649.00||$49.00||$600.00|
Am I eligible for the Ranexa patient assistance program?
To be successfully enrolled in the patient assistance program, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria for Ranexa assistance. Each program will require specific criteria, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ranexa patient assistance program?
NiceRx makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Ranexa patient assistance program. All you need to do is fill in our online enrollment application. This can be completed quickly and easily on our website. To fully complete your enrollment application, you will need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Ranexa. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process for you once we determine that you may be eligible for Ranexa assistance. Once you are enrolled in the Ranexa patient assistance program, we’ll also request your medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Ranexa coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ranexa patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Ranexa coupon, a Ranexa discount card, or a Ranexa copay card provider. Our service also does not extend to the provision of other forms of ‘cheap’ Ranexa, such as printable Ranexa manufacturer coupons, Ranexa discounts, rebates, Ranexa savings cards, trial offers, or free Ranexa samples. What we do offer is a cost-effective and ongoing solution to secure your essential medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Ranexa if I have insurance?
At NiceRx we review each enrollment application individually in line with the information provided. We may be able to assist across a range of personal circumstances when you have insurance. These include if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Ranexa
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Ranexa prescription
NiceRx may even be able to assist you if you don’t have insurance. You can apply online to find out more.
How much is Ranexa with insurance?
The cost of Ranexa will depend on your healthcare plan. To understand what you may need to pay for Ranexa medication with insurance, your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Ranexa cost without insurance?
Ranexa prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength of the tablets you buy (500 mg or 1,000 mg) and where you buy them from. As a guide, a pack of 60, 500 mg Ranexa tablets will cost between $460 and $590.
What is Ranexa?
Ranexa is a medication prescribed to adults to treat long-lasting heart-related chest pain (chronic angina pectoris). It’s often used alongside other medications for angina pectoris and for other heart conditions. Ranexa is a prescription medication you take as a tablet that must be swallowed. It improves the flow of blood to your heart and reduces how much oxygen it uses, providing relief from your angina symptoms.
The pain caused by angina can be severe and distressing, particularly if it comes on suddenly. It can lead to serious complications if left untreated too, like an abnormal heart rhythm and heart attacks. Your angina can however be treated with medications, like Ranexa.
Ranexa active ingredients
The active ingredient in Ranexa is called ranolazine. When you take Ranexa, ranolazine is absorbed into your heart muscle cells. It then reduces how much sodium ions and calcium ions are absorbed into the muscle cells.
These two substances make your heart muscle contract. Reducing their levels makes the muscle relax and improves the flow of blood to your heart. It also reduces how much oxygen your heart muscle needs.
Ranexa side effects & Ranexa drug interactions
When you take Ranexa you may experience side effects. The most common include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Feeling weak
Sometimes, Ranexa can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer but can include:
- QT prolongation – changes in the electrical activity of your heart that cause it to take longer to recharge between beats. QT prolongation can lead to a range of other heart problems
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause swelling of your face, mouth, and throat, and breathing problems
- Kidney failure in people who already have severe kidney problems
Ranexa can interact with other medications, changing how it and the other medications work, even making some side effects more likely. These include:
- Any other medications taken to treat a heart condition
- Any medications taken to treat cholesterol
- Any medications taken to treat diabetes
- Any antibiotics taken to treat bacterial infections
- Any medications taken to treat fungal infections
- Any medications taken to treat mental health conditions
- Any medications taken to treat nausea and vomiting caused by cancer treatments
- Any medications taken to help with organ transplants
You should not take any of the following with Ranexa:
- The antifungal medications ketoconazole (Nizoral) or itraconazole (Sporanox and Onmel)
- An antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- The following antibiotics used to treat tuberculosis (TB) – rifampin (Rifadin), rifabutin (Mycobutin), or rifapentine (Priftin)
- An antidepressant called nefazodone (Serzone, Dutonin, or Nefadar)
- The following medications used to treat HIV/AIDS – nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir), lopinavir and ritonavir combined (Kaletra), indinavir (Crixivan), or saquinavir (Invirase)
- The following medications used to treat seizures – phenobarbital (Luminal), phenytoin (Phenytek, Dilantin, or Dilantin125), or carbamazepine (Tegretol)
- An herbal supplement called St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Ranexa warnings & precautions
Don’t eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice when taking Ranexa, as they can increase the amount of active ingredients in your blood.
Ranexa can cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting which can affect your ability to drive, use machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. You should avoid doing so until you’re confident Ranexa doesn’t give you these side effects.
Don’t take Ranexa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ranolazine, or any of the other ingredients in Ranexa
- Have any scarring of your liver (cirrhosis)
Talk to your doctor before taking Ranexa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications listed above that could interact with Ranexa
- You have a history of QT prolongation or have a history of QT prolongation in your family
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.