Rebetol Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Rebetol medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Rebetol cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Rebetol patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Rebetol prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Rebetol patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Rebetol patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Rebetol patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Rebetol patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Rebetol. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Rebetol assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Rebetol patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Rebetol medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Rebetol coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Rebetol patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Rebetol manufacturer coupons, Rebetol discounts, or free Rebetol samples. We are not a Rebetol coupon provider or Rebetol discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Rebetol cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Rebetol patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Rebetol medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Rebetol cost without insurance?
Rebetol cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Rebetol oral 200 mg capsules usually cost $525 for 56 capsules. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Rebetol cost with insurance?
The copay for Rebetol with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Rebetol?
Rebetol (ribavirin) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. Rebetol is an antiviral nucleoside analogue indicated in combination with interferon alfa-2b for the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C (caused by hepatitis C virus (HCV)) in patients 3 years of age or older with compensated liver disease. Rebetol monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C.
Patients who have failed prior treatment or are unable to tolerate the side effects of interferon therapy may not benefit from re-treatment. Those with significant bridging fibrosis or cirrhosis, and genotype 1 infection do not seem likely candidates for success following a second course of medication.
What doses of Rebetol are available?
Rebetol is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 200 mg, and in oral solution form, in the following doses: 40 mg per mL.
Your dose is based on your body weight. Reduce your dose or discontinue treatment if you are experiencing certain adverse reactions or kidney problems. If you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember unless it is near the time of your next scheduled dose. If this is the case, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your regular time.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Rebetol active ingredients
Rebetol contains ribavirin as the active ingredient.
Rebetol side effects
The most common side effects of Rebetol in clinical trials include:
- Hemolytic anemia (low red blood cells), resulting in worsening of cardiac disease leading to fatal and nonfatal myocardial infarctions
- Injection site reactions
- Nausea, vomiting
- Rigors, muscle pain
- Anxiety, irritability
Rebetol can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Birth defects – significant teratogenic and fetal death in an unborn baby. Rebetol is not recommended in pregnant women and in men whose female partners are pregnant. Avoid pregnancy during treatment and for 6 months after in both female patients and in female partners of male patients. You must have a negative pregnancy test before treatment begins. You are advised to use at least 2 forms of contraception (birth control) and undergo monthly pregnancy tests whilst receiving treatment with Rebetol
- Pulmonary infiltrates or pulmonary function impairment
- New or worsening ophthalmologic disorders
- Severe decreases in neutrophil and platelet counts, and hematologic, endocrine, and hepatic abnormalities
- Dry mouth leading to dental, and periodontal disorders
- Weight loss and growth inhibition in pediatric patients taking combination therapy
- Abnormalities of the thyroid gland
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Rebetol against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Rebetol to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Rebetol drug interactions
Rebetol can interact with other medications. These include:
- Nucleoside analogues – monitor for toxicities
- Drugs metabolized by cytochrome P-450
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Rebetol.
You should not use Rebetol if you:
- Have known hypersensitivity reactions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic, epidermal necrolysis, and erythema multiforme to ribavirin or any other ingredient in Rebetol
- Have autoimmune hepatitis, or severe kidney disease
- Have hemoglobinopathies
- Have creatinine clearance less than 50 mL/min
- Have a hemoglobin blood cell disorder such as sickle-cell anemia or thalassemia
- Are less than 3 years old
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Rebetol if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Rebetol
- Have had an organ transplant
- Have co-infection with HIV or HBV
- Have a blood cell disorder such as anemia
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure, have had a heart attack, or have chest pain
- Have breathing problems
- Have problems with your vision
- Are diabetic
- Have mental health problems
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have liver problems other than hepatitis C
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Rebetol is the trademark brand name for ribavirin manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. A generic version of ribavirin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Rebetol savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.