Relistor Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Relistor medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Relistor cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could get your Relistor prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. This single monthly fee covers the full cost of receiving your Relistor medicine with our assistance.
Am I eligible for the Relistor patient assistance program?
To find out if you meet the eligibility criteria for the Relistor patient assistance program, apply online with NiceRx. We review each Relistor enrollment application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs will likely include:
How do I apply for the Relistor patient assistance program?
The enrollment application process with NiceRx is fast and secure. All you need to do is complete the enrollment application form on our website. Required information at this stage includes details of any medications you’re taking, including Relistor. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. You must make sure that this is up to date and accurate as it is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication.
Having reviewed your enrollment application, we will determine whether you may be eligible for Relistor assistance. We will then handle the full enrollment process for you. Once enrolled in the Relistor patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Relistor medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Relistor coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Relistor patient assistance program. We are not a Relistor coupon, a Relistor discount card, or a Relistor copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Relistor manufacturer coupons, Relistor discounts, rebates, Relistor savings cards, trial offers, or free Relistor samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Relistor if I have insurance?
If you have insurance, we may be able to assist you. Does the following apply to you?
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Relistor
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Relistor prescription
We may even be able to help if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Relistor with insurance?
The cost of Relistor with insurance will depend on your healthcare plan. To understand what you may need to pay for Relistor with insurance, contact your pharmacist or healthcare provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Relistor cost without insurance?
Relistor prices without insurance will vary depending on whether you buy Relistor tablets, Relistor vials for injection, or Relistor pre-filled syringes. Prices also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 30, 150 mg Relistor tablets will cost around $760.
What is Relistor?
Relistor is a medication prescribed to adults who have constipation caused by taking opioid pain medicines. It comes in two different forms, tablets or as a liquid for injection.
- Relistor tablets are used to treat constipation caused by opioids taken to treat long-lasting (chronic) pain that’s not caused by active cancer
- Relistor for injection is used to treat constipation caused by opioids taken to treat chronic pain that’s not caused by active cancer, and pain caused by cancer in people who need to increase their opioid dose
If you’re using an opioid medication, your doctor may prescribe Relistor to you. It’s a medication that stops opioids from binding to and affecting your bowels, helping you to have more frequent and easier bowel movements. Relistor is taken either as a tablet or a liquid that’s injected under your skin (subcutaneous injection) using either a regular syringe or a pre-filled, single-use syringe.
Relistor active ingredients
The active ingredient in Relistor is called methylnaltrexone. It helps to relieve opioid-induced constipation without affecting the pain-killing effects of opioids.
Opioid medications cause constipation by attaching to the surface of cells in your bowels at locations called opioid receptors. This stimulates the receptors and causes the changes in your bowels that result in constipation.
When you take Relistor, the methylnaltrexone it contains attaches to the opioid receptors in your bowels instead. This blocks the opioids from binding with the opioid receptors, stopping them from affecting your bowels.
Relistor side effects & Relistor drug interactions
The most common Relistor side effects include:
- A runny nose
- Stomach pain
- Swelling, pressure, and/or a feeling of fullness in your stomach
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Muscle spasms
In rare instances, Relistor can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Tears (perforations) in the wall of your stomach or intestines
- Severe diarrhea that can be long-lasting
- Opioid withdrawal symptoms, including sweating, chills, stomach pain, diarrhea, irritability, and anxiety
Relistor can interact with any other treatments for constipation, or any other pain medications that you’re taking that aren’t opioids. If you’re unsure if you’re taking any of these, take the packaging of all your medications and supplements to your doctor or pharmacist.
Relistor warnings & precautions
Don’t take Relistor if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient methylnaltrexone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Relistor (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have, or have ever had, a blockage in your bowels (intestinal obstruction)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Relistor if you:
- Have any kidney problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have any stomach or bowel problems, like diverticulitis, colitis, stomach ulcers, Crohn’s disease, Ogilvie’s syndrome, or cancer in your stomach or bowels
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.