Is NiceRx a Riomet coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Riomet patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Riomet manufacturer coupons, Riomet discounts, or free Riomet samples. We are not a Riomet coupon provider or Riomet discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Riomet patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Riomet cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Riomet cost without insurance?
Riomet cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Riomet oral solution (500 mg/5 mL) usually costs $185 for 118 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Riomet cost with insurance?
The copay for Riomet with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Riomet?
Riomet is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. It is a biguanide antidiabetic used with diet and exercise to improve glycemic control (blood glucose levels) in adults and pediatric patients 10 years of age and older with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
What doses of Riomet are available?
Riomet is available in an oral solution formulation, in the following doses: 500 mg per 5 mL (100 mg/mL).
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Riomet active ingredients
Riomet contains metformin hydrochloride (metformin HCL) as the active ingredient.
Riomet side effects
The most common side effects of Riomet in clinical trials include:
- Diarrhea, flatulence
- Nausea, vomiting
- Indigestion, stomach pain
In rare instances, Riomet can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Lactic acidosis
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Riomet against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Riomet to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Riomet drug interactions
Riomet can interact with other medications. These include:
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors may increase the risk of lactic acidosis
- Drugs that reduce metformin clearance – ranolazine, vandetanib, and cimetidine
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Insulin secretagogue (sulfonylurea) or insulin may increase the risk of hypoglycemia
- Thiazides and other diuretics
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Riomet. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Riomet if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient metformin hydrochloride
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Riomet
- Have severe renal impairment
- Have acute or chronic metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Metformin may stimulate ovulation in premenopausal women and increase the risk of pregnancy. Controlling diabetes is very important during pregnancy, having high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) may cause complications for both the mother and baby
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Riomet if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Riomet
- Are geriatric – renal function will need to be assessed
- Have hepatic impairment or any other liver disease
- Have kidney disease (your kidney function may need to be checked before initiating treatment)
- Have heart disease, or congestive heart failure
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Riomet is the trademark brand name for metformin hydrochloride manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. A generic version of metformin hydrochloride is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Riomet savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.