Seysara Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Seysara medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Seysara coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Seysara patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Seysara manufacturer coupons, Seysara discounts, or free Seysara samples. We are not a Seysara coupon provider or Seysara discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Seysara patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Seysara cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Seysara cost without insurance?
Seysara cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Seysara oral tablets 60 mg usually cost around $1,000 for 30 tablets.
How much does Seysara cost with insurance?
The copay for Seysara with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Seysara?
Seysara is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Almirall, LLC. It is a tetracycline-class drug used for the treatment of inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 9 years of age and older.
The efficacy of Seysara after 12 weeks and its safety after 12 months have not been established. To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria Seysara should only be used as indicated.
What doses of Seysara are available?
Seysara is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 60 mg, 100 mg, and 150 mg.
The recommended dose, based on your weight, is once daily with or without food. Avoid direct sunlight or artificial sunlight, such as tanning booths or sunbeds. You may suffer severe sunburn. Use sunscreen and wear clothes that cover your skin while out in the sunlight. Do not take Seysara if you get sunburn.
Always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Seysara active ingredients
Seysara contains sarecycline as the active ingredient.
Seysara side effects
The most common side effects of Seysara in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
In rare instances, Seysara can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Blurred vision, vision loss, or headaches
- Slow bone growth in infants and children (reversible after stopping treatment)
- Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (C. difficile)
- Central nervous system side effects – light-headedness, dizziness, or vertigo
- Intracranial hypertension
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Seysara against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Seysara to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Seysara drug interactions
Seysara can interact with other medications. These include:
- Oral retinoids – acitretin, isotretinoin, and strontium
- Antacids and iron preparations
- P-glycoprotein substrates
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Seysara. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Seysara if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient sarecycline, or other antibacterial such as demeclocycline, doxycycline, minocycline, or tetracycline antibiotics
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Seysara
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – may cause fetal harm in an unborn baby when given to a pregnant woman. Taking this medicine during the 2nd half of pregnancy may cause permanent tooth discoloration later in the baby’s life
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Sarecycline can pass into breast milk and may affect bone and tooth development in a nursing infant
Talk to your doctor before using Seysara if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Seysara
Seysara is the trademark brand name for sarecycline manufactured by Almirall, LLC. A generic version of sarecycline is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Seysara savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.