Solodyn Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Solodyn medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Solodyn cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Solodyn patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Solodyn patient assistance?
We review each Solodyn enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Solodyn patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Solodyn patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Solodyn, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Solodyn coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Solodyn coupon, Solodyn discount card, or Solodyn copay card provider. We do not offer Solodyn manufacturer coupons, Solodyn discounts, rebates, Solodyn savings cards, trial offers, or free Solodyn samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Solodyn
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Solodyn prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Solodyn cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Solodyn costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Solodyn oral tablet, extended-release 55 mg will cost around $75 for 30 tablets.
How much does Solodyn cost with insurance?
The copay for Solodyn will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Solodyn?
Solodyn (minocycline hydrochloride) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by WellSpring Pharmaceutical Canada Corp. It belongs to a class of drugs known as tetracycline antibiotics, indicated to treat only inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age and older.
Minocycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, skin infections, severe acne, gonorrhea, tick fever, chlamydia, and others.
What doses of Solodyn are available?
Solodyn is available as an extended-release tablet formulation, in the following doses: 45, 55, 65, 80, 90, 105, 115, and 135 mg.
The recommended dose of Solodyn is approximately 1 mg/kg once daily for 12 weeks.
Iron supplements, multivitamins, calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives are not recommended within 2 hours before or after taking Solodyn as they can make this medicine less effective.
Read the full drug information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Solodyn active ingredients
The active ingredient of Solodyn is minocycline.
Solodyn side effects
The most common side effects of Solodyn in clinical trials include:
- Hair loss
- Discoloration of your skin or nails
- Muscle or joint pain
- Nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Swollen tongue, cough, trouble swallowing
- Rash, itching
In rare instances, Solodyn can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Permanent tooth discoloration during tooth development
- Pseudomembranous colitis occurs
- Intracranial hypertension in adults and adolescents
- Autoimmune syndromes
- Anaphylaxis, serious skin reactions, erythema multiforme, and DRES’s syndrome
- Hyperpigmentation in many organs, including nails, bone, skin, eyes, thyroid, visceral tissue, oral cavity (teeth, mucosa, alveolar bone), sclerae, and heart valves
- Photosensitivity – sunburn reactions have been observed. Minimize or avoid exposure to natural or artificial sunlight (tanning beds or UVA/B treatment) while using minocycline. If you need to be outdoors while using minocycline, wear loose-fitting protective clothing to protect from sun exposure and discuss other sun protection measures with your physician
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Solodyn against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Solodyn to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Solodyn drug interactions
Solodyn can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anticoagulant therapy
- The use of tetracycline and methoxyflurane has been reported to result in fatal renal toxicity
- Retinoid medications are taken by mouth such as isotretinoin
- Avoid giving tetracycline-class drugs in conjunction with penicillin
- Solodyn can make birth control pills less effective. To avoid contraceptive failure, females are advised to use a second form of contraceptive during treatment with minocycline
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Solodyn.
You should not use Solodyn if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient minocycline or any of the tetracyclines (such as doxycycline)
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Solodyn
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – may cause fetal harm
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Solodyn if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Solodyn
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney problems
- Have asthma or sulfite allergy
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Solodyn is the trademark brand name for minocycline manufactured by WellSpring Pharmaceutical Canada Corp. A generic version of minocycline is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Solodyn savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.