Your monthly Somatuline Depot cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Somatuline Depot prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Somatuline Depot. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Somatuline Depot assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Somatuline Depot medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Somatuline Depot coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Somatuline Depot patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Somatuline Depot manufacturer coupons, Somatuline Depot discounts, or free Somatuline Depot samples. We are not a Somatuline Depot coupon provider or Somatuline Depot discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Somatuline Depot cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Somatuline Depot patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Somatuline Depot medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Somatuline Depot cost without insurance?
Somatuline Depot cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Somatuline Depot subcutaneous solution (60 mg/0.2 mL) usually costs $6,150 for 0.2 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Somatuline Depot cost with insurance?
The copay for Somatuline Depot with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Somatuline Depot?
Somatuline Depot is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Somatuline Depot injection is a somatostatin analog indicated for:
- The long-term treatment of acromegalic patients who have had an inadequate response to or cannot be treated with surgery and/or radiotherapy
- The treatment of patients with unresectable, well or moderately differentiated, locally advanced, or metastatic gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NETs) to improve progression-free survival and adults with carcinoid syndrome; when used, it reduces the frequency of short-acting somatostatin analog rescue therapy
The goal of treatment in acromegaly is to reduce growth hormone (GH) and insulin growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels to normal.
What doses of Somatuline Depot are available?
Somatuline Depot is available in injection form, in the following doses: 60 mg/0.2 mL, 90 mg/0.3 mL, and 120 mg/0.5 mL single-use prefilled syringe.
Injected by deep subcutaneous injection in the superior external quadrant of the buttock. For acromegaly, the dose range is 60 mg to 120 mg every 4 weeks. The recommended starting dose is 90 mg every 4 weeks for 3 months. Adjust thereafter based on GH and/or IGF-1 levels.
Please read the full patient information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Somatuline Depot active ingredients
Somatuline Depot contains lanreotide acetate as the active ingredient.
Somatuline Depot side effects
The most common side effects of Somatuline Depot in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Diarrhea, flatulence, cholelithiasis, abdominal pain, nausea
- Injection site reactions
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
In rare instances, Somatuline Depot can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Gallbladder problems – gallstones may occur, symptoms include fever, abdominal pain, severe nausea, vomiting, yellowing of eyes and/or skin, unexplained pain in the back and/or right shoulder
- Glucose metabolism – hypo and/or hyperglycemia
- A decrease in heart rate
- Signs of an underactive thyroid such as unexplained weight gain, cold intolerance, severe constipation, unusual/extreme tiredness, growth/lump/swelling on the front of the neck, mental/mood changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Somatuline Depot against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Somatuline Depot to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Somatuline Depot drug interactions
Somatuline Depot can interact with other medications. These include:
- Hypoglycemia agents
- Drugs affecting heart rate
- Bradycardia-inducing drugs (e.g. beta-blockers)
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Somatuline Depot.
Somatuline Depot contraindications
You should not use Somatuline Depot if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient lanreotide acetate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Somatuline Depot
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Somatuline Depot if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Somatuline Depot
- Have renal Impairment
- Have hepatic Impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – do not breastfeed during treatment and for 6 months after the last dose
Somatuline Depot generic
Somatuline Depot is the trademark brand name for lanreotide acetate manufactured by Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of lanreotide acetate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Somatuline Depot savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.