Spravato Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Spravato medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Spravato cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Spravato patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Spravato prescription for just $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Spravato patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Spravato patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Spravato patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Spravato patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Spravato. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Spravato assistance we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Spravato patient assistance program and we will automatically request your Spravato medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Spravato coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Spravato patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Spravato manufacturer coupons, Spravato discounts or free Spravato samples. We are not an Spravato coupon provider or Spravato discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Spravato if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Spravato patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Spravato medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Spravato with insurance?
The cost of Spravato with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Spravato cost without insurance?
Spravato prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and the number of nasal sprays you buy per pack (two or three). As a guide, a pack of two 28 mg Spravato nasal sprays usually costs at least $700. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Spravato?
Spravato is a prescription medicine that is taken alongside antidepressants to treat depression. It is prescribed for major depressive disorders (MDD) with suicidal thoughts or actions, and treatment-resistant depression in adults.
You take Spravato as a nasal spray, you administer it yourself. Spravato is used only in a healthcare setting and you will be watched closely for 2 hours after each dose. You will need someone to drive you home after using Spravato. Your prescribing Doctor will tell you how much Spravato to use and how often, based on your condition.
Spravato active ingredients
The active ingredient in Spravato is called esketamine. It is a fast-acting antidepressant medication that can be used alongside other antidepressants.
When you spray Spravato into your nose the esketamine it contains is absorbed into your blood and transported to your brain. The esketamine attaches to your brain cells (neurons) and stops them reabsorbing a chemical they produce called dopamine. Dopamine is involved in influencing your behavior, reward pathways and experience of pleasure.
Your brain cells continually produce and recycle dopamine, but by stopping your brain cells reabsorbing and recycling it esketamine increases your dopamine levels. This has been shown to alter your brain activity in a way that can ease the symptoms of depression.
Spravato side effects
The most common side effects caused by Spravato include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Feeling sleepy
- A lack of energy (fatigue)
- Spinning sensations
- Feeling drunk
- A decreased feeling of sensitivity (numbness)
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling very happy or excited
- Dissociation – feeling disconnected from yourself, your thoughts, your feelings and the world around you
Occasionally Spravato can cause more serious side effects. These may include:
- An increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Severe feelings of dissociation – feeling disconnected from yourself, your thoughts, your feelings and the world around you
- Sedation – sleepiness and problems staying awake
- Problems with thinking clearly
- A rise in blood pressure to harmful levels
- Bladder problems including trouble urinating, a frequent or urgent need to urinate, urinating frequently at night or pain when urinating
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Spravato against your risk of side effects.
Spravato drug interactions
Spravato can interact with other medications. When this occurs it can change how Spravato and the other medications work. Some side effects might also be more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Any medications that act as central nervous system depressants, like benzodiazepines and opioids
- Any medications that act as psychostimulants, like amphetamines, methylphenidate, modafinil or armodafinil
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medications, usually used to treat mood disorders like depression and anxiety
Spravato warning and precautions
Spravato has a risk of misuse, abuse and physical dependence. Your healthcare provider will monitor you for signs of dependence as you take Spravato. You minimize your risk of dependence by taking your Spravato exactly as directed by your healthcare provider. Tell your prescribing doctor if you have ever abused or become dependent on any substance, such as alcohol, recreational drugs or prescription medicines.
Spravato can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and suicidal behaviors. Seek urgent medical attention if you or someone you care for feels they are at risk of suicide.
Spravato can cause side effects that can impair your ability to drive, operate machinery or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities until the day after you take your medication. You should also wait until you have had a restful sleep.
Spravato is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Spravato if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient esketamine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Spravato
- Are allergic to ketamine
- Have a blood vessel disorder affecting your brain, chest, heart, stomach, arms or legs (aneurysmal vascular)
- Have a history of bleeds in the brain (aneurysm)
- Have an abnormal connection between your arteries and veins (arteriovenous malformation)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Spravato if you have or:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Spravato
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Ever had a heart attack
- Heart valve disease or heart failure
- Any other problems with your heart
- Ever had a stroke
- Ever had brain injury
- Any other problems with your brain
- Liver problems
- Ever experience periods of psychosis (a time when you find it difficult to understand what is real and what is not)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.