Steglatro Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Steglatro medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Steglatro cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Steglatro patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|5mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
|15mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
Am I eligible for Steglatro patient assistance?
We review each Steglatro enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Steglatro patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Steglatro patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Steglatro, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Steglatro coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Steglatro coupon, Steglatro discount card, or Steglatro copay card provider. We do not offer Steglatro manufacturer coupons, Steglatro discounts, rebates, Steglatro savings cards, trial offers, or free Steglatro samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Steglatro
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Steglatro prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Steglatro cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Steglatro costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Steglatro oral tablets 5 mg will cost around $330 for 30 tablets.
How much does Steglatro cost with insurance?
The copay for Steglatro will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Steglatro?
Steglatro is an FDA-approved medication manufactured by Merck. It is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is not recommended in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus or to treat diabetic ketoacidosis.
Steglatro can be used on its own but is also available as a fixed-dose combination with sitagliptin. Clinical trials show that a decrease in HbA1c (a measure of blood glucose levels) is greater when taken with metformin than with a placebo.
What doses of Steglatro are available?
Steglatro is available as a pink triangular 5 mg tablet with “701” on one side and plain on the other. It is also available as a red triangular 15 mg tablet with “702” on one side and plain on the other. The tablets should be stored at room temperature. Store in a dry place and avoid moisture.
The dose may be increased to Steglatro 15 mg dose once daily in patients who tolerate the 5 mg but need additional glycemic control.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Steglatro active ingredients
The active ingredient of Steglatro is ertugliflozin, an SGLT2 inhibitor. SGLT2 (sodium-glucose co-transporter-2) is the main transporter responsible for the reabsorption of glucose from the glomerular filtrate back into circulation. By inhibiting SGLT2, ertugliflozin reduces renal reabsorption of filtered glucose and reduces the renal threshold for glucose, thereby increasing urinary glucose excretion.
Steglatro side effects
The most common side effects caused by Steglatro include:
- Female genital mycotic infections
- Fournier’s gangrene – tell your doctor right away if you have a yeast infection
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) – increased thirst or urination, blurred vision, headache, and tiredness
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
In rare instances, Steglatro can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Dehydration – dizziness, weakness, feeling light-headed – Increased risk if you have low blood pressure (hypotension), take prescription drugs to lower blood pressure, including water pills (diuretics), have kidney problems, are on a low-salt diet, or are 65 years of age or older
- New pain, tenderness, sores, ulcers, or infections in your legs or feet
- Little or no urination
- Ketoacidosis – nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, unusual drowsiness, malaise, or trouble breathing
- Serious urinary tract infections, including urosepsis and pyelonephritis that can result in hospitalization – pain or burning when you urinate, increased urination, blood in your urine, fever, pain in your pelvis or back
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Steglatro against your risk of side effects. Get emergency medical attention if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives, trouble breathing swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Steglatro to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Steglatro drug interactions
Steglatro can interact with other medications. These include:
- Insulin and Insulin Secretagogues (eg, sulfonylurea) – increased risk of hypoglycemia
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Steglatro. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Steglatro if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ertugliflozin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Steglatro
- Have severe kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
- Have moderate renal impairment – glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) below 30 mL/min/1.73 m 2
Talk to your doctor before using Steglatro if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Steglatro
- Have had a previous amputation, a foot ulcer, heart disease, circulation problems, or nerve damage – Steglatro may increase your risk of lower limb amputation. Talk to your healthcare provider about good foot care
- Have liver disease
- Have bladder infections or other urination problems
- Have low blood pressure
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have problems with your pancreas, including surgery
- Drink alcohol often
- Are on a low salt diet
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Steglatro is the trademark brand name for ertugliflozin manufactured by Merck. A generic version of ertugliflozin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Steglatro savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.