Is NiceRx a Steglujan coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Steglujan coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Steglujan manufacturer coupons, Steglujan discounts, rebates, Steglujan savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs.
Steglujan patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Steglujan cost without insurance?
Steglujan prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Steglujan oral tablets (15 mg-100 mg) will typically cost around $590 for 30 tablets.
How much does Steglujan cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Steglujan with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Steglujan?
Steglujan is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Merck. It is a combination of ertugliflozin, a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2, SGLT2 inhibitor, and sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor. It is used in combination with diet and exercise to improve control of blood glucose levels in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus when treatment with both ertugliflozin and sitagliptin is appropriate. Steglujan is not recommended for the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus or diabetic ketoacidosis and has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
What doses of Steglujan are available?
Steglujan is available in tablet form, in the following doses: Steglujan 5 (ertugliflozin 5 mg and sitagliptin 100 mg), and Steglujan 15 (ertugliflozin 15 mg and sitagliptin 100 mg).
Please read the prescribing information and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Steglujan active ingredients
Steglujan contains ertugliflozin and sitagliptin as the active ingredients.
Steglujan side effects
The most common side effects of Steglujan in clinical trials include:
- Female genital mycotic infections
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) when given with sulfonylureas. Consider reducing insulin or insulin secretagogue dose
- New yeast infection in the vagina or the penis
In rare instances, Steglujan can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of pancreatitis – nausea, vomiting that doesn’t stop, loss of appetite, severe stomach, abdominal, and back pain, unusual tiredness, shortness of breath
- Hypotension, especially in patients with renal impairment, the elderly, or patients on diuretics
- Acute kidney injury and impairment in renal function
- Urosepsis and pyelonephritis – monitor for signs and symptoms of urinary tract infections
- Lower limb amputation
- Heart failure
- Severe and disabling arthralgia (joint pain) in patients taking DPP-4 inhibitors
- Bullous pemphigoid requiring hospitalization – report the development of blisters or erosions
- Increases in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C)
- It may also cause a rare but life-threatening bacterial infection in the genital/anal area (Fournier’s gangrene)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Steglujan against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Steglujan to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Steglujan drug interactions
Steglujan can interact with other medications. These include:
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Steglujan. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Steglujan if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients ertugliflozin or sitagliptin
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Steglujan
- Have severe renal impairment, end-stage renal disease, or are receiving dialysis
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Steglujan if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Steglujan
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have a bladder infection or urination problems
- Have problems with your pancreas
- Have a diabetic foot ulcer or have had an amputation
- Have heart problems, high or low blood pressure
- Have gallstones
- Have high triglycerides
- Have alcoholism
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Steglujan is the trademark brand name for ertugliflozin and sitagliptin manufactured by Merck. A generic version of ertugliflozin and sitagliptin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Steglujan savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.