Symbyax Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Symbyax medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Symbyax cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Symbyax prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Symbyax patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Symbyax patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Symbyax enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Symbyax patient assistance program?
Applying for the Symbyax patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Symbyax, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Symbyax assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Symbyax patient assistance program, we will also request your Symbyax medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Symbyax coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Symbyax coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Symbyax manufacturer coupons, Symbyax discounts, rebates, Symbyax savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Symbyax medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Symbyax if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Symbyax patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Symbyax
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Symbyax prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Symbyax cost without insurance?
Symbyax prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Symbyax oral capsule (25 mg-3 mg) will typically cost around $320 for 30 capsules.
How much does Symbyax cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Symbyax with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Symbyax?
Symbyax is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company.
Symbyax combines olanzapine, an atypical antipsychotic, and fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is indicated for acute treatment of:
- Depressive episodes associated with bipolar I disorder in adults
- Treatment-resistant depression (major depressive disorder in adults who do not respond to 2 separate trials of different antidepressants of adequate dose and duration in the current episode)
What doses of Symbyax are available?
Symbyax is available in capsules form, in the following doses: 3 mg/25 mg, 6 mg/25 mg, 6 mg/50 mg, 12 mg/25 mg, and 12 mg/50 mg (mg equivalent olanzapine/mg equivalent fluoxetine).
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning, and always read the medication guide and speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Symbyax active ingredients
Symbyax contains olanzapine and fluoxetine hydrochloride as the active ingredients.
Symbyax side effects
The most common side effects of Symbyax in clinical trials include:
- Disturbance in attention
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite, weight gain
- Peripheral edema
- Sedation, somnolence
- Blurred vision
In rare instances, Symbyax can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Clinical worsening and increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults
- Increased risk of death and increased incidence of cerebrovascular adverse events in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Serotonin syndrome and neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)-like reactions
- Allergic reactions and rash
- Activation of mania/hypomania
- Tardive dyskinesia
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, and agranulocytosis
- Abnormal bleeding – use with NSAIDs, aspirin, warfarin, or drugs that affect coagulation may potentiate the risk of gastrointestinal or other bleeding
- Potential for cognitive and motor impairment
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Symbyax against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Symbyax to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Symbyax drug interactions
Symbyax can interact with other medications. These include:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Drugs metabolized by CYP2D6
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
- CNS acting drugs
- Antihypertensive agents
- Levodopa and dopamine agonists
- Clozapine, haloperidol
- Carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Serotonergic drugs – potential for serotonin syndrome
- Triptans – there have been rare reports of serotonin syndrome with the use of SSRIs and a triptan
- Fluvoxamine – may increase olanzapine levels
- Drugs that interfere with hemostasis such as NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Drugs tightly bound to plasma proteins
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Symbyax. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicine you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Symbyax if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient olanzapine and fluoxetine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Symbyax
- Are taking MAOIs or within 14 days of discontinuing an MAOI
- Are taking pimozide
- Are taking thioridazine
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Symbyax if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Symbyax
- Have Alzheimer’s disease
- Have liver problems
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Have heart problems
- Have high blood pressure or low blood pressure
- Have low white blood cells
- Suffer from seizures
- Have bleeding problems
- Have breast cancer
- Have had a stroke, or a “mini-stroke”
- Have diabetes, high cholesterol, or high triglycerides
- Have bowel obstruction or severe constipation
- Have electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Have an enlarged prostate
- Have trouble swallowing
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Symbyax is the trademark brand name for olanzapine and fluoxetine manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company. A generic version of olanzapine and fluoxetine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Symbyax savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.