Symfi Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Symfi medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Symfi cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Symfi prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Symfi patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Symfi patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Symfi enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Symfi patient assistance program?
Applying for the Symfi patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Symfi, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Symfi assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Symfi patient assistance program, we will also request your Symfi medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Symfi coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Symfi coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Symfi manufacturer coupons, Symfi discounts, rebates, Symfi savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Symfi medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Symfi cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Symfi patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Symfi
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Symfi prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Symfi cost without insurance?
Symfi prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Symfi oral tablets (600 mg-300 mg-300 mg) will typically cost around $1,800 for 30 tablets.
How much does Symfi cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Symfi with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Symfi?
Symfi is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Mylan Laboratories Limited. Symfi is an HIV treatment used to treat the symptoms of HIV Infection. Symfi is a combination of efavirenz, a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI), and lamivudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), both nucleo(t)side reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Symfi is indicated as a complete treatment regimen for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adult and pediatric patients weighing at least 40 kg.
Severe acute exacerbations of hepatitis B have been reported in patients who are co-infected with HBV and HIV-1 and have discontinued lamivudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. Monitor hepatic function closely in these patients and, if appropriate, initiate anti-hepatitis B treatment.
What doses of Symfi are available?
Symfi is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 600 mg efavirenz, 300 mg lamivudine, and 300 mg tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (equivalent to 245 mg of tenofovir disoproxil).
Prior to initiation and during treatment patients should be tested for hepatitis B virus infection, and estimated creatinine clearance, urine glucose, and urine protein should be obtained. Symfi is not recommended in patients with end-stage renal disease requiring hemodialysis, or for patients with moderate or severe hepatic impairment.
The recommended dose is one tablet orally once daily on an empty stomach, preferably at bedtime. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Symfi active ingredients
Symfi contains the active ingredients efavirenz, lamivudine, and tenofovir.
Symfi side effects
The most common side effects of Symfi in clinical trials include:
- Trouble concentrating
- Malaise and tiredness
- Fever, swollen glands
- Nasal signs and symptoms
- Dizziness, problems with balance or eye movement
- Trouble sleeping, night sweats, abnormal dreams, drowsiness
- Cough, sore throat, cold sores, trouble speaking or swallowing
- Hives, trouble breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Red or purple skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling
- Fast or pounding heartbeats
- New or worsening bone pain, pain in your arms, legs, hands, or feet
- Unusual muscle pain
- Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss
- Anxiety, paranoia, sadness, hopelessness, depression
- Loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Menstrual changes
In rare instances, Symfi can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Lactic acidosis, severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
- New onset or worsening renal impairment
- Changes in your immune system
- Serious psychiatric symptoms – severe depression or suicidal ideation
- Nervous system symptoms (NSS)
- Total cholesterol and triglyceride elevations
- Decreases in bone mineral density (BMD)
- Immune reconstitution syndrome
- Redistribution and/or accumulation of body fat – observed in HIV-infected patients receiving antiretroviral combination therapy
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Symfi against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Symfi to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Symfi drug interactions
Symfi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other antiretroviral medications – elbasvir, grazoprevir, elvitegravir, sofosbuvir, velpatasvir
- St. John’s wort
- Drugs used to treat seizures such as carbamazepine
- Anti-malarial treatments – atovaquone/proguanil
- Azole antifungals – voriconazole
- Macrolide antibiotics – clarithromycin
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Symfi. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Symfi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients efavirenz, lamivudine, or tenofovir
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Symfi
- Have had previous hypersensitivity (e.g., Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, or toxic skin eruptions) to any of the components of this product
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – use effective birth control during treatment and for 12 weeks after stopping treatment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – this medication passes into breast milk
Talk to your doctor before using Symfi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Symfi
- Have liver problems, including hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection
- Have kidney problems, including end-stage renal disease (ESRD) that requires dialysis
- Have a history of mental health problems
- Have a history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Have a heart problem, including QT prolongation
- Have bone problems, including a history of bone fractures
- Have a history of seizures
Symfi is the trademark brand name for efavirenz, lamivudine, and tenofovir manufactured by Mylan Laboratories Limited. A generic version of efavirenz, lamivudine, and tenofovir is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Symfi savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.