Your monthly Targretin cost savings if eligible
The Targretin patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Targretin, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Targretin patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Targretin assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Targretin patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Targretin patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Targretin.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Targretin assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Targretin patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Targretin.
Is NiceRx a Targretin coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Targretin patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Targretin samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Targretin coupons, discount cards, or Targretin copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Targretin if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Targretin medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Targretin cost without insurance?
Targretin prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Targretin oral capsules 75 mg typically cost $26,000 for 100 capsules.
How much does Targretin cost with insurance?
The copay for Targretin will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Targretin with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Targretin?
Targretin is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication. Targretin is a retinoid (vitamin A derivative) indicated for the treatment of cutaneous manifestations of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) in patients who are refractory to at least one prior systemic therapy.
Warning – Targretin is a member of the retinoid class of drugs that are associated with birth defects in humans. Bexarotene must not be administered to a pregnant woman.
What doses of Targretin are available?
Targretin is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 75 mg.
The recommended initial dose is calculated according to your body surface area. Targretin capsules are swallowed whole, with food, as a single oral daily dose. You will need regular blood tests before and during treatment.
It may take up to several weeks or months before you see the full benefit of taking Targretin. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Targretin active ingredients
Targretin contains bexarotene as the active ingredient.
Targretin side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Targretin in clinical trials include:
- Hypercholesteremia, asthenia, leukopenia (low white blood cells)
- Headache, nausea
- Peripheral edema
- Abdominal pain
- Dry skin
In rare instances, Targretin can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hyperlipidemia (increase in blood lipids) – Obtain baseline values, monitor, and manage elevations during therapy by dose reduction, interruption, discontinuation, and/or lipid-lowering therapy
- Hepatotoxicity, cholestasis, and hepatic failure
- Hypothyroidism – monitor and replace thyroid hormone if needed
- Hypoglycemia risk in patients with diabetes mellitus
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Targretin against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Targretin to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Targretin drug interactions
Targretin can interact with other medications. These include:
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, gemfibrozil, grapefruit juice, and other inhibitors of cytochrome P450 3A4
- Rifampin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, and other inducers of cytochrome P450 3A4
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Targretin. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Targretin if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient bexarotene
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Targretin
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – You should have a pregnancy test before you start treatment and every month while you are using this medication. Females of reproductive potential are advised to use effective contraception for 1 month prior to treatment, during therapy, and for at least 1 month after the last dose, and two reliable forms of contraception should be used simultaneously, one of which should be non-hormonal
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor about any medical conditions before using Targretin if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Targretin
- Have high cholesterol or triglycerides
- Have pancreatitis
- Have liver disease
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have recently had a vaccination
- Have cataracts
- Have diabetes
- Have ovarian cancer
- Have gallbladder disease
- Drink large amounts of alcohol
- Take any vitamin A supplementation
Targretin is the trademark brand name for bexarotene. A generic version of bexarotene is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Targretin savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.