Is NiceRx a Tegretol XR coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Tegretol XR coupon, Tegretol XR discount card, or Tegretol XR copay card provider. We do not offer Tegretol XR manufacturer coupons, Tegretol XR discounts, rebates, Tegretol XR savings cards, trial offers, or free Tegretol XR samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Tegretol XR patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Tegretol XR cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Tegretol XR costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Tegretol XR extended-release tablets 100 mg will cost around $150 for 100 tablets.
How much does Tegretol XR cost with insurance?
The copay for Tegretol XR will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Tegretol XR?
Tegretol XR is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Sandoz. Tegretol XR is classed as an anticonvulsant (or anti-epileptic drug) used to treat epilepsy and nerve pain such as trigeminal neuralgia and diabetic neuropathy. Tegretol XR is also used to treat bipolar disorder.
What doses of Tegretol XR are available?
Tegretol XR is available in extended-release tablet form, in the following doses: 100 mg, 200 mg, and 400 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Tegretol XR active ingredients
The active ingredient of Tegretol XR is carbamazepine.
Tegretol XR side effects
The most common side effects of Tegretol XR in clinical trials include:
- Dizziness, unsteadiness
- Nausea, vomiting
In rare instances, Tegretol XR can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Life-threatening skin reactions, such as an allergic reaction (pyrexia, unusual weakness, bleeding, bruising, or a skin rash that causes blistering and peeling)
- Severe or life-threatening skin rash, especially in people of Asian ancestry
- Suicidal thoughts
- Loss of appetite, right-sided upper abdominal pain, dark urine
- Irregular heartbeats
- Anemia or other blood problems – pyrexia, sore throat, mouth sores, bleeding gums, nosebleeds, easy bruising, unusual tiredness, feeling light-headed or short of breath
- Aplastic anemia and agranulocytosis
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tegretol XR against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Tegretol XR to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tegretol XR drug interactions
Tegretol XR can interact with other medications. These include:
- MAO inhibitors – furazolidone, isocarboxazid, linezolid
- Antibiotics such as erythromycin, doxycycline
- Rifamycins such as rifabutin
- St. John’s wort
- Drugs used to prevent blood clots such as apixaban, rivaroxaban, warfarin
- Certain calcium channel blockers such as nifedipine, nimodipine, verapamil
- Nefazodone, isoniazid, lithium, cimetidine, theophylline
- Other anticonvulsants – felbamate
- Azole antifungals – itraconazole, voriconazole
- Anti-psychotics – quetiapine, clozapine
- HIV NNRTIs such as delavirdine, efavirenz, etravirine
- SSRI antidepressants – fluoxetine
- Drugs for sleep or anxiety – alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, zolpidem
- Birth control pills or implants – use a barrier form of birth control (such as a condom or diaphragm with spermicide)
- Grapefruit juice
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Tegretol XR. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Tegretol XR contraindications
You should not use Tegretol XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient carbamazepine or to tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline, desipramine, or nortriptyline
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tegretol XR
- Have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days
- Are allergic to other anti-seizure medications such as fosphenytoin, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, or primidone
- Have a history of bone marrow suppression
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Tegretol XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tegretol XR
- Have heart problems
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Have glaucoma
- Have porphyria
- Have depression or a mood disorder
- Have suicidal thoughts
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Tegretol XR generic
Tegretol XR is the trademark brand name for carbamazepine manufactured by Sandoz. A generic version of carbamazepine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Tegretol XR savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.