Thalomid Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Thalomid medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Thalomid cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Thalomid patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Thalomid prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Thalomid patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Thalomid patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Thalomid patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Thalomid patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Thalomid. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Thalomid assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Thalomid patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Thalomid medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Thalomid coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Thalomid patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Thalomid manufacturer coupons, Thalomid discounts, or free Thalomid samples. We are not a Thalomid coupon provider or Thalomid discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Thalomid if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Thalomid patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Thalomid medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Thalomid with insurance?
The cost of Thalomid with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Thalomid cost without insurance?
Thalomid prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Thalomid capsules 50 mg usually cost $2,000 for 10 capsules. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Thalomid?
Thalomid contains the prescription medicine thalidomide, it is used:
- In combination with dexamethasone to treat people with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (MM)
- To treat people who have moderate to severe new lesions of leprosy. Thalomid is not used alone to treat skin lesions when there is moderate to severe nerve pain
- As an ongoing treatment to prevent and keep the skin lesions of leprosy from coming back
Thalomid is only available as a 28-day supply from a certified pharmacy under a special program called Thalomid REMS. You must register in the program and agree to use birth control as required by your doctor. You will be limited to a 28-day supply of medicine each time your prescription is refilled.
Thalomid active ingredients
Thalomid is seen to have an effect on the immune system, as well as having an anti-inflammatory action (reduce swelling) and preventing the growth of new blood vessels in the body. Exactly how Thalomid works in the body however, is not fully understood.
Thalomid should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Thalomid capsules should be swallowed whole. Take Thalomid on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour after eating a meal. If you get the contents from an open capsule on your skin, wash your skin with soap and water. Ask a healthcare professional as to how to safely handle and dispose of a broken capsule. Make sure you or anyone else is wearing disposable gloves when handling Thalomid.
Thalomid side effects
The most common side effects caused by Thalomid include:
- Nausea, dizziness, headaches
- Feeling tired, weak, or drowsy
- Feeling anxious or confused
- Loss of appetite, constipation
- Weight gain or loss
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin reactions
- Muscle cramps, feeling numb or tingly around your mouth, or in your fingers and toes
- Low blood cell count
In rare instances, Thalomid can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Burning pain in your hands or feet
- Slow heartbeats, shallow breathing
- Severe drowsiness or feeling faint
- Severe constipation
- Easily bruised, nosebleeds, bleeding gums, bloody or tarry stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Sudden numbness or weakness, problems with vision or speech, chest pain, shortness of breath, swelling or redness in an arm or leg
- Chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder
- Flu-like symptoms
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Thalomid against your risk of side effects.
Thalomid drug interactions
Thalomid can interact with other medications. These include:
- SSRI’s (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) anti-depressants – citalopram, escitalopram
- Vaccines – BCG, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, rotavirus, smallpox, typhoid, varicella
- Treatments for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Corticosteroids – cortisone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, prednisolone
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Calcium channel blockers for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) – amlodipine, felodipine, nifedipine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Thalomid.
Thalomid warning and precautions
You should not use Thalomid if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient thalidomide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Thalomid
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Thalomid if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Thalomid
- Have had heart disease, a stroke, or a blood clot
- Suffer from seizures
- Need surgery
- Also use pembrolizumab
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.