Is NiceRx a Tobradex coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tobradex patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Tobradex samples. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Tobradex coupons, discount cards, or Tobradex copay cards.
Tobradex patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Tobradex cost without insurance?
Tobradex prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Tobradex ophthalmic suspension (0.1%-0.3%) typically costs $90 for 2.5 milliliters.
How much does Tobradex cost with insurance?
The copay for Tobradex will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Tobradex with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Tobradex?
Tobradex is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Eyevance Pharmaceuticals. It is a topical aminoglycoside antibiotic and corticosteroid combination used for steroid-responsive inflammatory eye conditions for which a corticosteroid is recommended and where a bacterial ocular infection exists or a risk of bacterial ocular infection exists.
What doses of Tobradex are available?
Tobradex is available as eye drops, in the following doses: 3 mg/mL tobramycin and 1.0 mg/mL dexamethasone.
Tobradex ST is available as eye drops in the following doses: 3 mg/mL tobramycin and 0.5 mg/mL dexamethasone.
Please read the drug information provided and always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Tobradex active ingredients
Tobradex contains tobramycin and dexamethasone as the active ingredients.
Tobradex side effects
The most common side effects of Tobradex in clinical trials include:
- Hypersensitivity and localized ocular toxicity
- Eye pain
- Eyelid pruritus and edema
- Conjunctival hyperemia
In rare instances, Tobradex can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- An increase in intraocular pressure (IOP) which may result in glaucoma with damage to the optic nerve and problems with vision
- Delayed healing – steroid use after surgery may delay healing
- Bacterial infections
- Viral infections
- Fungal infections
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tobradex against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Tobradex to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tobradex drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Tobradex, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Tobradex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients tobramycin or dexamethasone
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Tobradex
- Have viral diseases of the cornea
- Have conjunctiva including epithelial herpes simplex keratitis (dendritic keratitis), vaccinia, and varicella
- Have a mycobacterial infection of the eye
Talk to your doctor before using Tobradex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tobradex
- Wear contact lenses – The preservative (benzalkonium chloride) in Tobradex may be deposited in soft contact lenses. Wait at least 15 minutes before re-inserting contact lenses, unless otherwise directed by your doctor
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Tobradex is the trademark brand name for tobramycin and dexamethasone manufactured by Eyevance Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of tobramycin and dexamethasone is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Tobradex savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.