Torisel Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Torisel medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Torisel cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Torisel patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Torisel patient assistance?
We review each Torisel enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Torisel patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Torisel patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Torisel, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Torisel coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Torisel coupon, Torisel discount card, or Torisel copay card provider. We do not offer Torisel manufacturer coupons, Torisel discounts, rebates, Torisel savings cards, trial
offers, or free Torisel samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Torisel
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Torisel prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Torisel cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Torisel costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Torisel intravenous solution (25 mg/mL) will cost around $1,940 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Torisel cost with insurance?
The copay for Torisel will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Torisel?
Torisel is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc., a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc. Torisel is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma. It prevents the division of cancer cells, slowing down the growth and spread of cancer.
What doses of Torisel are available?
Torisel is available in injection form, in the following doses: 25 mg/mL supplied with diluent.
The recommended dose of Torisel is 25 mg infused over a 30-60 minute period once a week. Treat until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Pre-treatment with an antihistamine is recommended. Reduce the dose in patients with mild hepatic impairment.
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Torisel active ingredients
The active ingredient of Torisel is temsirolimus, an inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin, mTOR.
Torisel side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Torisel in clinical trials include:
- Rash, asthenia, mucositis, nausea, edema, skin rash, dry skin, itching, and weight loss
- Common laboratory abnormalities are anemia (low red blood cells), hypertriglyceridemia, elevated alkaline phosphatase, elevated serum creatinine, lymphopenia, hypophosphatemia, thrombocytopenia (low platelet count), elevated AST, and leukopenia
In rare instances, Torisel can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Low potassium levels – leg cramps, constipation, irregular heartbeats, fluttering in your chest, increased thirst or urination, numbness or tingling, muscle weakness, or limp feeling
- Hypersensitivity/infusion reactions – flushing, chest pain, shortness of breath, dyspnea, hypotension, apnea, loss of consciousness
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) – monitor glucose levels
- Hyperlipidemia (increases in serum triglycerides and cholesterol)
- Infections from immunosuppression
- Radiographic changes of interstitial lung disease (ILD)
- Bowel perforation – evaluate fever, abdominal pain, bloody stools, and/or acute abdomen promptly
- Renal failure, sometimes fatal
- Abnormal wound healing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Torisel against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Torisel to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Torisel drug interactions
Torisel can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong inducers of CYP3A4/5 – dexamethasone, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampin, rifabutin
- Inhibitors of CYP3A4 – ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, atazanavir
- Grapefruit juice may increase plasma concentrations of sirolimus (a major metabolite of temsirolimus) and should be avoided
- ACE inhibitors – benazepril, lisinopril
- Warfarin, enoxaparin
- Drugs that weaken the immune system – cyclosporine, natalizumab, rituximab, tacrolimus, sunitinib
- St. John’s wort
- Live vaccinations – close contact with those who received live vaccines should be avoided
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Torisel.
You should not use Torisel if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient temsirolimus
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Torisel
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – potential hazard to the fetus, use effective contraception
Talk to your doctor before using Torisel if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Torisel
- Have hepatic impairment
- Have kidney disease
- Have high cholesterol or triglycerides
- Have diabetes
- Have a head injury or brain tumor
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are elderly
Torisel is the trademark brand name for temsirolimus distributed by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc., a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc. A generic version of temsirolimus is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Torisel savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.