Trelstar Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Trelstar medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Trelstar coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Trelstar patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Trelstar samples. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Trelstar coupons, discount cards, or Trelstar copay cards.
Trelstar patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Trelstar cost without insurance?
Trelstar prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Trelstar intramuscular powder for injection (3.75 mg/month) typically costs $870 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Trelstar cost with insurance?
The copay for Trelstar will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Trelstar with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Trelstar?
Trelstar is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Allergan, Inc. It is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist used for the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer. Trelstar is not recommended for use in pediatric patients.
What doses of Trelstar are available?
Trelstar is available as an injectable suspension, in the following doses: 3.75 mg, 11.25 mg, and 22.5 mg.
Trelstar is supplied in a Mixject single-dose delivery system and is given as an intramuscular injection in either buttock. The dosage strength is selected based on the required dosing schedule as the different strengths have different release characteristics.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Trelstar active ingredients
Trelstar contains triptorelin pamoate, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog as the active ingredient. Testosterone and other male hormones (androgens) promote prostate cancer growth. GnRH agonists, also known as luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonists, block signals from the brain that tell the testicles to produce testosterone. Testosterone levels will go up initially during treatment before reducing to low levels.
Trelstar side effects
The most common side effects of Trelstar in clinical trials include:
- Redness and swelling around the injection site
- Hot flashes
- Decreased sexual interest
- Erectile dysfunction
- Testicular atrophy
- Breast tenderness/swelling
- Dizziness and headache
- Edema in the legs, and leg pain
- Worsening of signs and symptoms of prostate cancer or onset of new symptoms
In rare instances, Trelstar can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity, and angioedema
- Transient increase in serum testosterone levels within the first few weeks of treatment. This may worsen prostate cancer and lead to spinal cord compression and urinary tract obstruction
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and an increased risk of developing diabetes – monitor blood glucose levels
- Increased risk of myocardial infarction, sudden cardiac death, and stroke. Chest pain or pressure, spreading to your jaw or shoulder, sudden numbness or weakness, slurred speech
- Pituitary apoplexy
- Bone pain, numbness, tingling, weakness of the arms or legs, blood in your urine, painful or difficult urination
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Trelstar against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Trelstar to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trelstar drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Trelstar, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medications including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Trelstar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient triptorelin pamoate
- Have had a serious allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Trelstar
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman
Talk to your doctor before using Trelstar if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Trelstar
- Have heart disease, long QT syndrome, or other heart rhythm disorders
- Have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have an electrolyte imbalance
- Have diabetes
- Suffer from seizures
- Have a mental health illness
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Trelstar is the trademark brand name for triptorelin pamoate manufactured by Allergan, Inc. A generic version of triptorelin pamoate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Trelstar savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.