Triesence Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Triesence medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Triesence cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Triesence patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Triesence patient assistance?
We review each Triesence enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Triesence patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Triesence patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Triesence, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Triesence coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Triesence coupon, Triesence discount card, or Triesence copay card provider. We do not offer Triesence manufacturer coupons, Triesence discounts, rebates, Triesence savings cards, trial offers, or free Triesence samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Triesence cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Triesence
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Triesence prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Triesence cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Triesence costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Triesence intravitreal injection (40 mg/mL) will cost around $170 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Triesence cost with insurance?
The copay for Triesence will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Triesence?
Triesence is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Alcon Laboratories, Inc. It is a synthetic corticosteroid (steroid) indicated for the treatment of sympathetic ophthalmia, temporal arteritis, uveitis, and ocular inflammatory conditions unresponsive to topical corticosteroids, and visualization during vitrectomy.
What doses of Triesence are available?
Triesence is available in single-use 1 mL vials containing 40 mg/mL of triamcinolone acetonide injectable suspension.
The initial recommended dose for all indications except visualization is 4 mg (100 microliters of 40 mg/mL suspension) with a subsequent dose as needed over the course of treatment. The recommended dose for visualization is 1 to 4 mg (25 to 100 microliters of 40 mg/mL suspension) administered intravitreally. A strict aseptic technique is mandatory. Following the injection, patients should be monitored for elevation in intraocular pressure and for endophthalmitis.
Triamcinolone injection formulas contain the preservative benzyl alcohol and should not be used in neonates, premature neonates, and patients with benzyl alcohol hypersensitivity.
Please read the drug information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Triesence active ingredients
The active ingredient of Triesence is triamcinolone acetonide.
Triesence side effects
The most common side effects of Triesence in clinical trials include:
- Blurred vision
- Increased appetite
In rare instances, Triesence can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Ophthalmic effects – cataracts, infections, and glaucoma
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis suppression, Cushing’s syndrome, and hyperglycemia
- Increased susceptibility to new infection
- Elevated blood pressure, salt and water retention, and hypokalemia – monitor blood pressure and sodium, potassium serum levels
- GI perforation
- Behavioral and mood disturbances
- Decreases in bone density
- Negative effects on growth and development – monitor pediatric patients on long-term corticosteroid therapy
- Weight gain – may cause increased appetite
- Bradycardia, cardiac arrest, cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac enlargement, circulatory collapse, congestive heart failure, fat embolism, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in premature infants, myocardial rupture following recent myocardial infarction, pulmonary edema, syncope, tachycardia, thromboembolism, thrombophlebitis, vasculitis
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Triesence against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Triesence to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Triesence drug interactions
Triesence can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anticoagulant agents
- Antidiabetic agents
- CYP 3A4 inducers and inhibitors
- Live or live attenuated vaccines
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including aspirin and salicylates
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Triesence. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Triesence if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient triamcinolone acetonide
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Triesence
- Have systemic fungal infections
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Triesence if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Triesence
- Have any type of bacterial, fungal, or viral infection
- Have herpes simplex infection of your eye
- Have cataracts or glaucoma
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have high blood pressure, heart failure, or had a heart attack
- Have diabetes
- Have osteoporosis or low bone mineral density
- Have diverticulitis, stomach or intestinal ulcer, or have had stomach surgery
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Triesence is the trademark brand name for triamcinolone acetonide manufactured by Alcon Laboratories, Inc. A generic version of triamcinolone acetonide is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Triesence savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.