Your monthly Truseltiq cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Truseltiq patient assistance program you can receive your medication for free. Our monthly service fee of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Truseltiq through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Truseltiq patient assistance program?
You could receive your Truseltiq without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. The eligibility requirements are set by the pharmaceutical companies that are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx, we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Truseltiq patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Truseltiq.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Truseltiq patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Truseltiq medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Truseltiq coupon provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Truseltiq patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Truseltiq coupon, a Truseltiq discount card, or a Truseltiq copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Truseltiq samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Truseltiq cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Truseltiq medication, or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Truseltiq cost without insurance?
Truseltiq costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Truseltiq oral capsule (125 mg daily dose) will typically cost around $23,800 for 42 capsules. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Truseltiq cost with insurance?
The copay of Truseltiq will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Truseltiq?
Truseltiq is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by QED Therapeutics, Inc (BridgeBio Pharma). Truseltiq is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adults who have previously been treated for unresectable locally advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma with a fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) fusion or another rearrangement as detected by an FDA-approved test.
This indication is approved under accelerated approval based on the overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for this indication may be based upon verification and description of clinical benefit in confirmatory trials.
What doses of Truseltiq are available?
Truseltiq is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 25 mg and 100 mg.
Confirm FGFR2 fusion or rearrangement before starting treatment. The recommended dosage of Truseltiq is 125 mg orally once daily for 21 days followed by 7 days without therapy, in 28-day cycles. Treatment is continued until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Take the capsules on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after food, at the same time each day. Swallow the capsules whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or dissolve. Your dose may be adjusted if you have renal or hepatic impairment.
Please see the full prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Truseltiq active ingredients
Truseltiq contains infigratinib as the active ingredient.
Truseltiq side effects
The most common side effects of Truseltiq in clinical trials include:
- Nail toxicity
- Dry eye, eyelash changes, blurred vision
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia syndrome
- Dysgeusia, constipation, abdominal pain, dry mouth, diarrhea, decreased appetite, vomiting
- Dry skin
- Laboratory abnormalities – increased creatinine, increased phosphate, increased alkaline phosphatase, increased alanine aminotransferase, increased lipase, increased calcium, increased triglycerides, increased aspartate aminotransferase, increased urate, increased bilirubin
- Decreased potassium, decreased phosphate, decreased hemoglobin, decreased lymphocytes, decreased sodium, decreased leukocytes, decreased albumin, decreased platelets
In rare instances, Truseltiq can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Retinal pigment epithelial detachment (RPED)
- Hyperphosphatemia leading to soft tissue mineralization, cutaneous calcinosis, non-uremic calciphylaxis, vascular calcification, and myocardial calcification
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – patients of reproductive potential are advised to use effective contraception
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Truseltiq against your risk of adverse events. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Truseltiq to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Truseltiq drug interactions
Truseltiq can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong or moderate CYP3A inhibitors
- Strong or moderate CYP3A inducers
- Gastric acid reducing agents – H2 antagonist, locally-acting antacids, proton pump inhibitors
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Truseltiq.
You should not use Truseltiq if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient infigratinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Truseltiq
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Truseltiq if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Truseltiq
- Have vision or eye problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have liver problems
Truseltiq is the trademark brand name for infigratinib manufactured by QED Therapeutics, Inc (BridgeBio Pharma). A generic version of infigratinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Truseltiq savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.