Is NiceRx a Twynsta coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Twynsta patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Twynsta manufacturer coupons, Twynsta discounts, or free Twynsta samples. We are not a Twynsta coupon provider or Twynsta discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Twynsta patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Twynsta cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Twynsta cost without insurance?
Twynsta cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Twynsta cost with insurance?
The copay for Twynsta with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Twynsta?
Twynsta is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) and a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) alone, or with other antihypertensive agents.
Twynsta tablets are used as initial treatment in patients needing multiple antihypertensive agents to achieve their target blood pressure. Lower blood pressure helps to prevent cardiovascular problems such as strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.
What doses of Twynsta are available?
Twynsta is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 40/5 mg, 40/10 mg, 80/5 mg, and 80/10 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Twynsta active ingredients
Twynsta contains telmisartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, and amlodipine a calcium channel blocker. They both help to relax blood vessels allowing blood to flow more easily.
Twynsta side effects
The most common side effects of Twynsta in clinical trials include:
- Peripheral edema
- Back pain
In rare instances, Twynsta can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Heart failure – monitor for worsening symptoms
- Myocardial infarction
- Hyperkalemia (high potassium) in patients on ARBs, especially those with advanced renal impairment, heart failure, those taking renal replacement therapy, potassium supplements, potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium-containing salt substitutes, or other medicines that increase potassium levels
- Allergic reactions – hives, difficulty breathing, chest pain, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Twynsta against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Twynsta to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Twynsta drug interactions
Twynsta can interact with other medications. These include:
- NSAIDs – ibuprofen, naproxen
- Simvastatin – do not exceed doses greater than 20 mg daily
- ACE inhibitors – benazepril, lisinopril, ramipril
- Birth control pills
- Diuretics – furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, triamterene
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Twynsta. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Twynsta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients telmisartan or amlodipine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Twynsta
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Twynsta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Twynsta
- Have heart diseases such as aortic stenosis, heart failure, or any other heart problems
- Have severe obstructive coronary artery disease
- Have kidney disease or are on dialysis
- Have hepatic impairment
- Have high levels of potassium in the blood
- Have an electrolyte imbalance such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- If you are on a low-salt diet
Twynsta is the trademark brand name for telmisartan and amlodipine manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of telmisartan and amlodipine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Twynsta savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.