Tygacil Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Tygacil medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Tygacil cost savings if eligible
The Tygacil patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Tygacil, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Tygacil patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Tygacil assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Tygacil patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Tygacil patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Tygacil.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Tygacil assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Tygacil patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Tygacil.
Is NiceRx a Tygacil coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Tygacil patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Tygacil samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Tygacil coupons, discount cards, or Tygacil copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Tygacil if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Tygacil medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Tygacil cost without insurance?
Tygacil prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Tygacil intravenous powder for injection 50 mg typically costs $1,250 for 10 powders for injection.
How much does Tygacil cost with insurance?
The copay for Tygacil will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Tygacil with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Tygacil?
Tygacil is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. Tygacil is a tetracycline-class antibacterial drug indicated in patients 18 years of age and older for:
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections due to susceptible isolates of Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter cloacae, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella oxytoca, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterococcus faecalis (vancomycin-susceptible isolates), Methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Streptococcus anginosus group (includes S anginosus, S intermedius, and S constellatus), Bacteroides fragilis, B thetaiotaomicron, B uniformis, B vulgatus, Clostridium perfringens, and Peptostreptococcus micros.
- Community-acquired bacterial pneumonia
Tygacil is not recommended for the treatment of diabetic foot infection or hospital-acquired pneumonia, including ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Prescribing Tygacil in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection is unlikely to provide benefit to the patient and increases the risk of the development of drug-resistant bacteria. All-cause mortality was higher in patients treated with Tygacil than comparators in a meta-analysis of clinical trials. The cause of this mortality risk difference has not been established. Tygacil should be reserved for use in situations when alternative treatments are not suitable.
What doses of Tygacil are available?
Tygacil is available in lyophilized powder form, in the following doses: 50 mg lyophilized powder for reconstitution in a single-dose 5 mL vial or 10 mL vial.
Tygacil is for intravenous infusion. The initial dose is 100 mg, followed by 50 mg every 12 hours, administered intravenously over approximately 30 to 60 minutes. For severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C) the initial dose is 100 mg followed by 25 mg every 12 hours. No dosage adjustment is needed in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment.
See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning, and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Tygacil active ingredients
Tygacil is a new class of antimicrobial agents. It contains tigecycline, a glycylcycline, the first member of this new class of tetracyclines. A semi-synthetic derivative of minocycline, Tygacil possesses potent activity against tetracycline-resistant gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens refractory by both efflux and ribosomal protection mechanisms.
Tygacil side effects
The most common side effects of tigecycline in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Increased SGPT (Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase, an enzyme that is normally present in liver and heart cells)
In rare instances, Tygacil can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Anaphylaxis/anaphylactoid reactions
- Hepatic dysfunction and liver failure – nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Pancreatitis, including fatalities – severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea, and vomiting, fast heart rate
- Permanent discoloration of the teeth
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea – severe stomach pain, diarrhea that is watery or bloody
- Increased pressure inside the brain – severe headache, dizziness, nausea, vision problems, pain behind your eyes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Tygacil against your risk of adverse events. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Tygacil to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tygacil drug interactions
Tygacil can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anticoagulants – warfarin
- Concurrent use with oral contraceptives may render oral contraceptives less effective
- BCG, cholera, typhoid vaccine live
- Conjugated estrogens, estradiol, estrogens conjugated synthetic, ethinylestradiol
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Tygacil.
You should not use Tygacil if you:
- Have a known hypersensitivity to tigecycline
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Tygacil
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Tygacil if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Tygacil
- Have liver disease
- Are using a blood thinner (warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven)
- Are allergic to a tetracycline antibiotic (demeclocycline, doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Tygacil is the trademark brand name for tigecycline manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of tigecycline is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Tygacil savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.