Is NiceRx a Valium coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. That means that we do not offer printable Valium manufacturer coupons, Valium discounts, or free Valium samples. We are not a Valium coupon provider or Valium discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Valium patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Valium cost without insurance?
Valium costs without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Valium oral tablets 2 mg usually cost $370 for 100 tablets.
How much does Valium cost with insurance?
The copay for Valium with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Valium?
Valium is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Genentech. Valium is a benzodiazepine anticonvulsant that works by enhancing the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. It is indicated for the treatment of anxiety disorders or alcohol withdrawal symptoms. It may also be used to treat seizures and muscle spasms.
What doses of Valium are available?
Valium is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 2 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Valium active ingredients
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine anticonvulsant. It is classed as a central nervous system (CNS) depressants.
Valium side effects
The most common side effects of Valium in clinical trials include:
- Muscle weakness
- Problems with coordination
In rare instances, Valium can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe drowsiness or dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Paranoia, confusion
- Changes in mood or behavior
- New or worsening depression or anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Life-threatening withdrawal symptoms if you suddenly stop using the medicine after long-term use
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Valium against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Valium to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Valium drug interactions
Valium can interact with other medications. These include:
- Clozapine, fluvoxamine, orlistat
- Opioid pain or cough relievers – codeine, hydrocodone
- Other sedatives for sleep or anxiety – alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem
- Muscle relaxants – carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine
- Antihistamines – cetirizine, diphenhydramine
- MAO inhibitors, and other antidepressants
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Valium. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
You should not use Valium if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient diazepam, clonazepam, or oxazepam
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Valium
- Have myasthenia gravis (a muscle weakness disorder)
- Have a severe breathing problem
- Have sleep apnea
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma, or untreated or uncontrolled open-angle glaucoma
- Have severe liver disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Valium if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Valium
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Suffer with seizure disorders
- Have a drug or alcohol addiction
- Have depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior
Valium is the trademark brand name for diazepam manufactured by Genentech. A generic version of diazepam is OR is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Valium savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.