Your monthly Vaqta cost savings if eligible
The Vaqta patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Vaqta, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Vaqta patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Vaqta assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vaqta patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Vaqta patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Vaqta.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Vaqta assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Vaqta patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Vaqta.
Is NiceRx a Vaqta coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vaqta patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Vaqta samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Vaqta coupons, discount cards, or Vaqta copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Vaqta if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Vaqta medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Vaqta cost without insurance?
Vaqta prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Vaqta intramuscular suspension (50 units/mL) typically costs $90 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Vaqta cost with insurance?
The copay for Vaqta will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Vaqta with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Vaqta?
Vaqta is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. It is a vaccine indicated for the prevention of disease caused by the hepatitis A virus (HAV) in people 12 months of age and older.
The primary dose of Havrix should be given at least 2 weeks prior to expected exposure to HAV. The booster dose of Vaqta may be given 6 to 12 months after the primary dose. Vaqta may not prevent hepatitis A infection in people who have an unrecognized hepatitis A infection at the time of vaccination. Vaqta creates active immunity by the stimulation of the production of endogenously produced antibodies.
People at risk from HAV infection are those who:
- Have chronic liver disease (hepatitis B infection, hepatitis C infection, fatty liver disease, alcoholic liver disease, autoimmune hepatitis)
- Have an HIV infection
- Are men who have sex with men
- Use injections or non-injection drugs
- Are homeless
- Work with hepatitis A virus (research laboratory, work with nonhuman primates with HAV infection)
- Travel in countries with high or intermediate endemic HAV infection
What doses of Vaqta are available?
Vaqta is available in suspension form, supplied in four presentations:
- 0.5-mL pediatric dose in single-dose vials and prefilled syringes.
- 1-mL adult dose in single-dose vials and prefilled syringes.
For children and adolescents, the vaccination consists of a 0.5-mL dose administered intramuscularly, and a 0.5-mL booster dose administered intramuscularly 6 to 18 months later. For adults, vaccination consists of a 1-mL primary dose administered intramuscularly, and a 1-mL booster dose administered intramuscularly 6 to 18 months later.
Vaqta may be administered with Immune Globulin, human, using separate sites and syringes. Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Vaqta active ingredients
Vaqta contains Hepatitis A Vaccine, Inactivated, as the active ingredient.
Vaqta side effects
The most common side effects of Vaqta in clinical trials include:
- Children: 12 through 23 months of age – injection-site pain, tenderness, injection-site erythema, fever
- Children and adolescents: 2 through 18 years of age – injection-site pain
- Adults: 19 years of age and older – injection-site pain, tenderness, or soreness, injection-site warmth and headache
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Vaqta against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative adverse events or adverse reactions of Vaqta to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Vaqta drug interactions
Vaqta can interact with other medications. These include:
- Vaccine – do not mix Vaqta with any other vaccines in the same syringe or vial
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Vaqta.
You should not use Vaqta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Hepatitis A Vaccine, Inactivated
- Have had an anaphylactic reaction to neomycin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vaqta – the vial stopper, syringe plunger stopper and tip cap contain dry natural latex rubber that may cause allergic reactions in latex-sensitive individuals
Talk to your doctor before using Vaqta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vaqta
- Or your child has liver disease, a bleeding problem, a weak immune system from a disease or medicine, or have a severe illness with a fever
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Vaqta is the trademark brand name for Hepatitis A Vaccine, Inactivated manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. A generic version of Hepatitis A Vaccine, Inactivated is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Vaqta savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.