We help eligible individuals to access patient assistance programs so they can get their medications for less. If you are struggling to pay for Vascepa, try NiceRx. We can work directly with your healthcare provider and handle the full application process for you, helping you access the medication you need at an affordable price. We know that many Americans worry about paying for health care, so we have made the process of applying for patient assistance as easy and stress-free as possible.
Your monthly Vascepa cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Vascepa patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Vascepa prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Vascepa patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Vascepa patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vascepa patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Vascepa patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Vascepa. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Vascepa assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Vascepa patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Vascepa medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Vascepa coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vascepa patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Vascepa manufacturer coupons, Vascepa discounts, or free Vascepa samples. We are not a Vascepa coupon provider or Vascepa discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Vascepa if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Vascepa patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Vascepa medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Vascepa with insurance?
The cost of Vascepa with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vascepa cost without insurance?
Vascepa prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and the strength of the Vascepa tablets you buy (0.5g or 1g). As a guide, a pack of 120, 1mg Vascepa tablets will cost around $400. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Vascepa?
Vascepa is a prescription medication given to adults to:
- Lower high levels of fat (triglycerides) in the blood, when used alongside a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet.
- Reduce the risk of strokes, heart attacks, and other heart problems that can cause hospitalization in adults with heart disease, or in adults with diabetes and at least two more risk factors for heart disease.
Triglycerides are a type of fat that make up the majority of fats in the human body. They are vital for the proper functioning of your cells and organs. Excess triglycerides are stored as fat reserves in fat cells. We get triglycerides from saturated and unsaturated fat in the foods we eat, including both vegetable and animal fats.
Having high triglycerides levels is called hypertriglyceridemia. It is usually caused by being overweight, overeating, and eating a diet high in fats, sugar, and processed carbohydrates (like white bread and pasta). If you have hypertriglyceridemia, or if you are at risk of developing heart disease or other heart problems, your doctor may have prescribed Vascepa to you. Vascepa is a medication you take as a tablet you swallow. It can reduce your blood triglyceride levels when used alongside changes to your diet, and can reduce your risk of strokes, heart attacks, and heart disease.
Vascepa active ingredients
The active ingredient in Vascepa is called icosapent ethyl. It is made from an omega-3 fatty acid from fish (omega-3 fish oil) that you may be familiar with as a dietary supplement. Clinical research has shown that icosapent ethyl can reduce blood triglyceride levels in adults with hypertriglyceridemia, and reduce the risk of strokes, heart attacks, and other heart problems. It is not fully understood how icosapent ethyl does this, but it is likely that it reduces how much triglyceride is produced in the liver and increases how much triglyceride is removed from the blood.
Vascepa side effects & Vascepa drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Vascepa are:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Swelling of the hands, legs, or feet
- An irregular and often rapid heart rate called atrial fibrillation
In rare instances, Vascepa can cause more serious side effects. These include:
- An increased risk of serious heart rhythm problems, like atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter, that can result in hospitalization. This is more likely in people who have cardiovascular disease, diabetes, or people who have previously had heart rhythm problems.
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause rashes, hives, a rapid heart rate, and swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe.
- An increased risk of bleeding, including serious bleeding that continues for long periods.
As Vascepa can interact with other medications, it is important to tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly any medications that affect how your blood clots, such as anticoagulants or blood thinners.
Vascepa warnings & precautions
Vascepa is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Vascepa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient icosapent ethyl
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vascepa
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Vascepa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vascepa
- Have diabetes
- Have any thyroid problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have any pancreas problems
- Are allergic to fish or shellfish
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.