Vfend Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Vfend medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Vfend cost savings if eligible
The Vfend patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Vfend, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Vfend patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Vfend assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vfend patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Vfend patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Vfend.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Vfend assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Vfend patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Vfend.
Is NiceRx a Vfend coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vfend patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Vfend samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Vfend coupons, discount cards, or Vfend copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Vfend if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Vfend medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Vfend cost without insurance?
Vfend prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Vfend intravenous powder for injection 200 mg typically costs $70 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Vfend cost with insurance?
The copay for Vfend will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Vfend with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Vfend?
Vfend is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. Vfend is an azole antifungal indicated for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older with:
- Invasive aspergillosis (Aspergillus fumigated, Aspergillus flavus, Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus terreus)
- Candidemia in non-neutropenic patients and other deep tissue candida infections
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermum and Fusarium species including Fusarium solani, in patients intolerant of, or refractory to, other therapy
What doses of Vfend are available?
Vfend is available in:
- Tablet form – 50 mg, 200 mg.
- Oral Suspension form – 45 grams of powder; after reconstitution 40 mg/mL.
- Injection form – Lyophilized powder containing 200 mg of voriconazole and 3,200 mg of sulfobutyl ether beta-cyclodextrin sodium (SBECD); after reconstitution 10 mg/mL of voriconazole and 160 mg/mL of SBECD
Please read the full prescribing and patient information leaflet and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Vfend active ingredients
Vfend contains voriconazole as the active ingredient.
Vfend side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Vfend in clinical trials include:
- Visual disturbances
- Fever, chills, pyrexia, headache
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Hypokalemia, thrombocytopenia, hypocalcemia, hypophosphatemia, hypoalbuminemia, hypomagnesemia
- Abnormal ALT, abnormal LFT
- Peripheral edema
- Mucosal inflammation
- Abdominal distention
- Renal impairment
- Upper respiratory tract infection
In rare instances, Vfend can cause more serious adverse events. These can include:
- Hepatic toxicity – nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms, itching, tiredness, or jaundice
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) and QT prolongation – correct potassium, magnesium, and calcium before use
- Infusion-related reactions including anaphylaxis
- Serious exfoliative cutaneous reactions
- Photosensitivity-related skin reactions
- Skeletal adverse reactions
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Vfend against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Vfend to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Vfend drug interactions
Vfend can interact with other medications. These include:
- CYP3A4, CYP2C9, and CYP2C19 inhibitors and inducers
- Phenytoin or Efavirenz
- Rifabutin, rifampin
- St. John’s wort
- Certain barbiturates – phenobarbital, mephobarbital
- Ergot alkaloids – dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergonovine
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Vfend. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Vfend if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient voriconazole
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Vfend
- Have hereditary galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption. Vfend tablets contain lactose, Vfend liquid contains sucrose
- Are younger than 2 years of age
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential are advised to use effective contraception during treatment
Talk to your doctor before using Vfend if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vfend
- Have heart rhythm problems
- Have an electrolyte imbalance
- Have a history of allergy to other antifungal medications such as fluconazole (Diflucan), ketoconazole (Nizoral), or itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Vfend is the trademark brand name for voriconazole manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of voriconazole is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Vfend savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.