Viramune XR Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Viramune XR medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Viramune XR coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. That means that we do not offer printable Viramune XR manufacturer coupons, Viramune XR discounts, or free Viramune XR samples. We are not a Viramune XR coupon provider or Viramune XR discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Viramune XR patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Viramune XR cost without insurance?
Viramune XR cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Viramune XR oral, extended-release tablets 400 mg usually cost $900 for 30 tablets.
How much does Viramune XR cost with insurance?
The copay for Viramune XR with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Viramune XR?
Viramune XR is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) antiviral medicine used for the treatment of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
What doses of Viramune XR are available?
Viramune XR is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 400 mg.
Adults are advised to start treatment with one 200 mg tablet of immediate-release Viramune once daily for the first 14 days, followed by one 400 mg tablet of Viramune XR once daily. Adults already taking immediate-release Viramune twice daily can be switched to Viramune XR 400 mg once daily without the 14-day lead-in period.
If any patient develops a rash during the 14-day lead-in period do not initiate Viramune XR until the rash has cleared. The lead-in period should not pass beyond 28 days. If dosing is interrupted for more than 7 days, restart the lead-in dosing period.
Viramune XR tablets should be swallowed whole, and not chewed, crushed, or divided. If you miss a dose take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
Please read the medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Viramune XR active ingredients
Viramune XR contains nevirapine as the active ingredient.
Viramune XR side effects
The most common side effects of Viramune XR in clinical trials include:
- Rash in adults
- Clinical hepatitis
In rare instances, Viramune XR can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Life-threatening hepatotoxicity (severe or fatal liver problems) – nausea, loss of appetite, upper stomach pain, tiredness, fever, unexplained muscle pain or weakness, dark urine, clay-colored stools, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes). Monitor liver function tests before and during therapy
- Fatal and non-fatal skin reactions, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, and hypersensitivity reactions. Check transaminase levels immediately for all patients who develop a rash in the first 18 weeks of treatment
- Immune reconstitution syndrome and fat redistribution
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Viramune XR against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Viramune XR to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Viramune XR drug interactions
Viramune XR can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other HIV non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) – delavirdine, efavirenz, etravirine
- HIV nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors – abacavir, didanosine, lamivudine, tenofovir, zidovudine
- Anticonvulsant drugs including carbamazepine
- Rifamycins such as rifampin
- St. John’s wort
- Azole antifungals – fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Macrolide antibiotics – clarithromycin, methadone
- Protease inhibitors – atazanavir, ritonavir
- Hormonal birth control such as pills, patches, or rings
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Viramune XR. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Viramune XR contraindications
You should not use Viramune XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nevirapine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Viramune XR
- Have moderate or severe (Child-Pugh Class B or C, respectively)
- Have hepatic impairment
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – this medicine will harm an unborn baby. However, nevirapine may be more likely to cause liver damage in a pregnant woman
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Viramune can pass into your breast milk and may harm your baby
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Viramune XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Viramune XR
- Have hepatic fibrosis or cirrhosis
- Have kidney disease or are receiving dialysis treatment
Viramune XR generic
Viramune XR is the trademark brand name for nevirapine distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of nevirapine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Viramune XR savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.